Sat, Sep 21, 6:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Which looks best??

Kristanene ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 11:40 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:30 PM

file_281489.jpg

I love this train shot, but I'm having trouble getting it to turn out the way I want it. Any suggestions/comments are very welcome, and if you have another idea for coloring or crop, feel absolutely free to have a go.

hugs to all
-Krista

Kristanene ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 11:42 AM

file_281491.jpg

Or B&W...

Kristanene ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 11:43 AM

file_281495.jpg

Or antique-looking...?

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 11:59 AM

Sepia toning for sure. Gives it the look

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 12:13 PM

how do you want it to turn out, Krista? Hard for me to decide which i like best...really like both the color and b/w.

Kristanene ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 12:17 PM

I'm not quite sure exactly how I want it to turn out. LOL I guess that's what I'm having the most trouble with...the three that I posted were the best versions that I'd come up with so far..but trains, by themselves, are sort of boring..expecially if they're just sitting still like this one was..so I wanted to try to come up with something that would make it even the teeniest bit more interesting.

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 1:00 PM

file_281497.jpg

Hey Krista...hope ya don't mind...I did some photo-shop stuff on your photo! I liked the sepia version the most. I used 4 layers to get this effect...used the magic wand to select the sky and used FILTER/RENDER/CLOUDS on that selection. On one layer I just messed around with the Virtual Photographer plugin to get a soft sepia aged look. Finally adjusted the contrast to get some details. Blended all together and WALA... L8r! Joe

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2005 at 10:51 AM

Definitly the coloured one if it was up to me. Kewl shot indeed!!! #:O)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

ModestyB ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2005 at 11:47 AM

Really hard to say :) More... then what Sheila was into...whats your own feelings..and what do you want to "present" ...what story u wanna tell....U can play around in PS until Ure satisfied..

vlaaitje ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2005 at 3:42 PM

I like the b&w more, and also the dreamy one that L8RDAZE created

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

Kristanene ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2005 at 7:34 PM

I think I was trying to get a look something like my last version (sepia) and Joe's version..btw, thanks for that version Joe! I have more of a direction for this shot now, so I'm off to work some more on it to get it just the way I want. Thanks so much everyone! hugs

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 3:36 PM

Yes, I'd say an old look for that kind of shot, definitely! A sepia would be the way to go IMHO but lighter than ur version! I mean, try to keep more details in it. Only my 5 pennies worth and late at that, I know! ;)

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 3:55 PM

file_281498.jpg

Ok! I had a go at it and did something...well...not in sepia as u can see! ;)

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 4:02 PM

WOW, excellent work Pascale. I love this shot, but it could sure use some sky in my opinion.

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 4:37 PM

Well, my choice would have been the first, in color... but then I saw Joe's fantastic job.... This is really excellent postwork ! :~)

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

lastexplorer ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 8:29 PM

file_281500.jpg

I played with it in photoshop, I never really have any idea as to what I am doing with that program =-P Thought this one came out pretty nice. Great pic of the train!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.