Mon, Sep 9, 5:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 10:25 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Plain J for Millenium girls - WIP; anyone interested?

Ariah ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 4:54 AM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 10:46 PM

file_282174.jpg

OK, I've grown tired of perfect faces. You see them everywhere, in every movie or TV show - but real people do not look that way. Not most of the time, that is. This texture might me a bit too imperfect, but that was my intention all the way. Still a WIP, the body tex needs more work, the seems need taking care of, but I want to know if anyone finds such a product interesting... And, maybe, there would be some suggestions. The whole texture (it's not a character pack, but maybe I'll come up with an interesting face inj) has: -zits and pimples -birth marks in strange, impractical places -uneven complection -unplucked eyebrows -badly shaven pits and legs -female moustache The photos used for creating the textures come from my private shots (hey, I'm no beauty) and are absolutelly unique (not present in any Merchant's Packs) The base for the texture comes from Morris' Merchant's Pack. Eye texture used in this little promo comes from a pack available at DAZ (also by Morris)and will not be included in the final version (but a different set of eye tex will) 'Plain J' should be ready in two weeks time if not sooner. I would like to know if anyone would be willing to spend less than $10 on such texture;)

Aeneas ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 8:51 AM

May be ok for some special people, but not directly for me. Not that you didn't do a good job, far from that. But, apart from the "realism" I am not looking for, I don't buy merchant resource stuff. I even find that it should be taken out of the store. my idea.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Ariah ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 9:19 AM

This is not a Merchant's Resource;) It's a regular texture. I don't do resources, I buy them (usually).

Jenai21 ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 10:25 AM

I personally love it...this is definitely a texture I would want to play with...I'm also a bit tired of perfection...keep up the good work...Jenn

cyllan ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 12:27 PM

I like it - I'm not sure when I'd use it, but I'd probably buy it just to have some 'non-glossy' people in my arsenal. Any chance of some variations - maybe a major dose of acne and something a bit milder - that would interest me a lot me than the '1001 colours of eyeshadow' things.

angelluciano ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 1:15 PM

Very nice :)

ziggie ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 2:01 PM

Would prefer to see similar textures for the boys, as they tend to be more... err... zittier than the girls in real life.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

Ariah ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 5:25 AM

file_282175.jpg

The head texture can be used on boys too. Here You can see it used on Luke. The two variations made after cyllan's suggestion. I thought of adding more acne, but it just looked riddicullous;) Still, if anyone wants an exaggerated version I can still go wild on the spots;)

Ariah ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 6:04 AM

file_282176.jpg

...and a little something I came up with on the spurr of the moment;) Ideal for those pre-date preparation images.

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 7:57 AM

Wonderful! I love both Plainly Plain and Perfectly Plain. Very pleased they will work on both the girls and the boys.. an added bonus. It will be nice to have some 'real life' textures for a change. Not everyone is beautiful! Looking forward to the release of this product :-) mmmm.... must do a Perfect picture of Luke looking plainly plain in a plane over a perfectly plain looking plain.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 12:11 PM

oh, this is for Laura (and Luke)? you said Millenium girls and i thoght the old unnamed girls. ya make them for Luke and Laura and i am interested.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

cyllan ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 12:24 PM

I like it - count me in when it shows up in the store :)

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 1:01 PM

Ariah: any chance of some 'dirty' faces? Maybe another set... things like... err.. dirt. Dirt.. dust.. sand... smoke/fire ashes. Snotty noses... sweat.. amateur camoflauge and indian markings, etc... just thinking of Maddie and Mat. They look way too clean for kids..!

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 3:26 AM

@ Tyger_purr: The textures fit all Millenium Unimesh figures, even the Freak. I don't own David, so I can't state that about him, but logically - any MAT pose for V3 fits other Unimesh figures (with the exeption of GIRL's eyelashes). So yes, the texture set will work on Luke and Laura. @ ziggie - unfortunatelly I don't have Mat and Maddie, but if they are using the Unimesh, the texture will fit them. Dirt, dust etc. I don't think that in this particular texture set, but that's a nice thought for the future. I need to dig out my make-up kit and take some pictures;) Working on the body tex, it's not as detailed as the face (unfortunatelly) as it would take too much disc space... I'll post a preview later.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 8:04 AM

@Ariah. for future reference the old non-unimesh DAZ girls (pre school and preteen) are sold under the title "Millenium Girls". So it would probalby be better (sales wise) to advertise that your texture is for Laura, or Luke and Laura, etc.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 8:21 AM

Ok;) I always thought of the most recent DAZ female models as the Millenium girls... Semantics, semantics! Oh, I think I'll put the body texture as a freebe. It's not detailed enough to make it commercial.

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:07 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_282177.jpg

As I promised, a preview of the body texture, here on V3. Uneven complexion, zits and legs that need shaving...

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:10 PM

file_282178.jpg

Here you can see that the body tex does not look as good as the face tex on close-ups.

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:11 PM

file_282179.jpg

And a rear view.

Klutz ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 1:45 PM

Just followed the link from your gallery post....Really pleased I did too :0) I think there IS a limited market for this. I am certainly interested, but then my kick is ultra-realism. As I inferred on my image comment,I think that facial textures are better catered for than body textures. A suggestion...Maybe make the larger blemishes optional or have a tex with a few minor bleishes and one with the 'full works'? LOL Hope this project is coming along well for you.

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.