Wed, Sep 18, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Free Cartoon Actions (for postwork)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 4:50 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:11 PM

file_282171.jpg

Well I posted these on P3D and Raunchyminds, but though I'd let you all know about them :o) In short, I've made a few toon-actions for Photoshop CS and PSP. The Photoshop actions are made in CS2, but people tell me they work fine in CS and ALMOST right in PS7. The PSP actions are made in PSP8, I'd expect them to work fine in PSP9 but probably not in 7 - not sure though. They might. You can download them here: [PS ACTIONS](http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/Trekkie'sToon.zip) and [PSP SCRIPTS](http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/TrekkiesToonPSP.zip) Have fun :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 5:33 AM

Well, I have PSP7, so I can try if it works...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 7:17 AM

Cool - I have both so thanks :)

Gill

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 7:48 AM

Thank you.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 7:53 AM

file_282172.jpg

Found it works better in Photoshop with this pic. Maybe because it's a tad dark.....

Gill

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 8:12 AM

psp7 doesn't have scripting so it won't work there of course - maybe in 8 if they are compatible...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 10:34 AM

-It's made with PSP 8 so I know it's compatible with that L I couldn't remember what PSP 7 could or could not, it's been a long time since I used that :o( And Gillbrooks.. the actions doesn't like high contrasts much (but hey, they're free) - light, evenly lit pics are generally best, though other pics can create interesting results as well :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

RawArt ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 10:36 AM

I like the test subject in your shots ernyoka1 ;) Rawn

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 11:26 AM

LOL! I wasn't complaining....I know I didn't choose the best image to use but it was the one I had open at the time :) I never complain about freebies :D

Gill

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 11:45 AM

Oh I didn't take it as a critique :o) It was more of a general advise, because I've had some of my own pics that got rather strange, so it's not an "endlung" but it's a step towards toonish renders at least :o) And Rawnrr - yeah, he's lovely isn't he ;o) (OK for those who don't know, the model used is Apollo Maximus with Capsces' Cole morphs and Rawnrr's Genghis texture) :o)

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 12:03 PM

interesting..I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 12:25 PM

It must be something in the air, Pakled. Perhaps some vapors? ;o)

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 2:03 PM

Cool stuff, Trekkie!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 2:13 PM

Those look nice! Thank you! :)

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 3:26 PM

Thanks, this is great!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 3:52 PM

I'm very impressed by Photoshop toon action 3 (the inked outline). I've tried to do that with various filters, but it has never worked well for me.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 4:28 PM

Mateo, it IS just various filters :o) and a strike of inspiration L Btw the toon outline (Toon3) - if you want it black and white like this, be sure to select black and white as primary and secondary colour first. It will use which ever 2 colours you had selected (and that can look pretty cool as well actually, I saw one in red and yellow someone on P3D made)

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 6:14 PM

Ooh, a PSP version too! Thanks, can certainly use these.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 7:31 PM

gad..could it be 2 people bought that albumn?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 8:10 PM

Excellent, thank you. :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 8:37 PM

Very very cool actions. And on the side: Your Apollo character looks awesome.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

madriver ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 9:38 PM

thank you so much. Have been waiting for someone to do this!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 11:27 AM

Pakled - I guess this is a case where you can talk of vaporware LOL And thanks, Anton. I love Apollo! He poses so much better than anything I've ever tried!

Riddokun ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 6:33 AM

.bookmark

NimProdAction ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2005 at 8:08 PM

okay.....i dont know much about Photoshop...so i'm going to do a stupid question..... After downloading the PS ACTIONS file i unzip it and place on PHOTOSHOP 7.0 > PRESETS > PHOTOSHOP ACTIONS, right? Then i open Photoshop i load a image and.....what do i do now?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2005 at 1:31 AM

file_282173.jpg

Load the image, switch to the Actions tab and load the action. First time, you will have to click the little arrow top right and select the toonactions in the list. Chose Append and it will add to the list of actions available. The you just select it and click the "play" arrow.

NimProdAction ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2005 at 4:42 AM

oh. it's so easy. It works now, thank you!

dallas40m ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2005 at 3:57 AM

Thank you ever so much!! An outstanding Action!! BIG HUG!!

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

ericmaag ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2005 at 6:24 PM

This is way cool. However, everytime I play "toon action 2" it quits in the middle and says: The command "move" is not currently available. I then get to choose "continue" or "stop". I continue, and I get good results, but I was curious if anyone else is seeing this. I'm using CS1, by the way. This is not a gripe (the actions are way cool. Did I mention way cool?), just an odd thing...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2005 at 3:24 AM

ericmaag, that "error" occurs in PS7 and CS1. Not quite sure why, as you have noticed, it can continue with an ok result. The action is made with CS2, so there's probably some compatibility thing going on. Glad you like them anyway :o)

ericmaag ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2005 at 8:46 AM

Oh, I do, very much! I was just curious. Glad it's not just me...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.