Tue, Oct 22, 12:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How do I drop a shadow from text?

jhustead ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 10:19 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:31 PM

How do I drop a shadow from text? Another question is how do I insert a shadow on the inside of text? I'm using Photoshop 7. Thanks, James

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 10:35 AM

file_282213.zip

Did your Photoshop come with a manual, by any chance? This is such an easy question that it would earn you a full blown RTFM on most of the internet.... Search for this symbol and learn about layer styles :) O. And maybe you should read the manual...

jhustead ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 10:54 AM

rtfm? No I didnt get the manual from my friend when he gave me the program. I dont need any "smart***" answers I just asked a simple question! And I would like a simple answer.

jhustead ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 11:06 AM

Sans2012: Thanks for your "courteous" reply. James

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 11:19 AM

"No I didnt get the manual from my friend when he gave me the program" Hmmm Bookmarking thread. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 5:54 AM

@jhustead, HERE'S A SIMPLE ANSWER:
James, i hope for your sake your friend also transfered the End User License Agreement to you with Adobe when he "gave you the program". If not, you are using an illegal copy of Photoshop which will earn you a pernament ban for Renderosity. We have a zero-tolerance for warez (please re-review the TOS you agreed to when becoming a member), this includes "asking for" "offering" or "admitting to using" illegal (non-compliance to EULA) software.

I will say this, Adobe has a great deal of my HARD EARNED cash, so thought i do not mind helping or answering "simple" question (God knows i've asked my share...) i too get testy when asked "obvious" questions!

as for Sans2012 and Hoof "play nice"!!!

:|
retrocity

Sans2012 ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 6:53 AM

Hey, I play nice. Cheers retrocity;)

I never intended to make art.

jhustead ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 11:11 AM

Thanks for your help people. Have a nice day. James P.S retrocity I IM'ed you.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 11:21 AM

How did you go anyway James, any luck?

I never intended to make art.

jhustead ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 11:56 AM

Yeah it worked Sans2012, thanks for your help. And thanks to Hoofdcommissaris as well for the screen capture. Yesterday wasn't to good of a day for me, and I think I just took what he said the wrong way. Sorry Hoof. So thanks to everybody who responded. It's greatly appreciated! Peace & May God Bless! James

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:59 AM

There's also a pretty good Help system within Photoshop. It's got an index and also the ability to search for words and phrases. I use it all the time. ;-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

tantarus ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 10:05 AM

For droping the shadow outside the text use "drop shadow", for placing the shadow inside the font use "inner shadow". If you create some cool effect that you want to keep, you can save it as layer style and use it later by click on it in layer styles pallete. Another tip if you have slower comp its not recomended to use to many effects because they eat memory like biscuits ;) On www.vecpix.com you can find some very cool tutorials :) Hope this will help you :)

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

jhustead ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 10:22 AM

Thanks elizabyte & tantarus for your replies to my question. :-) -James

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.