Tue, Oct 22, 12:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Planetary Defense or Doomsday Device?

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 2:24 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:02 PM

INTEL REPORT... LEVEL ALPHA-ALPHA... EYES ONLY...2005:08:14 02:22H All electronic and digital recording devices were distrupted by the security damping field generated about the perimeter of the Dystopian testing area. Despite these measures, operatives were able to obtain these rare images using antiquated celluloid film. Analysis is still ongoing, but the preliminary report describes this installation as some kind of a gun emplacement capable of firing a high energy weapon into orbit. The size of the structure describes an overall diameter of one kilometer, with a total height of approximately 400 meters. Advanced weapons theorists can only guess as to the maximum effective range of the weapon, but were quoted as saying that "a few of these would make a planet impregnable". An unnamed source from within the intel-community claims that the weapon is part of some kind of a planetary defense system or was a form of doomsday device. A senior analyst from the Department of War was more specific, stating that, "this new planetary gun emplacement will be the bonus mesh for the upcoming Dystopia City Block 061-070 package." No further details were released, however a release date was deemed in imminent...

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 2:28 PM

file_284085.jpg

Intel images attached above...

Mind Over Matter

thip ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 2:35 PM

In a word : THISISBLOODYFANTASTIC !!! ;o)

AlarmedBread ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 2:47 PM

very cool, i really like the story to go along with selling the idea, i think i can see the billions of bolts and such that put this bad boy together =)

Andi3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 3:26 PM

Moe, you never cease to amaze me. Ya never know, I might even have to revise my opinion of architects ;-)

ย "That which doesn't kill you is probably re-loading"

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 4:05 PM

Doomsday device I hope! Looks great!

jarm ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 4:06 PM

Oh my....

RETIRED ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 5:47 PM

WHEW!! You never cease to amaze, please and impress

Fillingim ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 7:36 PM

Superb Moe!!

stonemason ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 10:45 PM

Nice work Moe,I look forward to seeing more..do you have any animations of it? PS:there's a little planet I've heard of called Earth if you wanna do some target practice...just aim at any large landmass :P Cheers Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

Django ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 12:26 AM

That is looking mean , my friend, that would have given old general skullpecker something to think about , hehehe Great Stuff

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 1:07 AM

Thank you all very much for your feedback! It really means a lot hearing from you folks. :o) I must acknowledge Django for prompting this concept of a planetary gun emplacement. Years ago an armada of 3DDJ's starships descended on an undefended Dystopia. It wasn't an invasion exactly... they just kinda moved in. Since then, I decided that this should not be the case. :oP While I did design the whole damn thing, I must give credit to my inspirations "Cannon Fodder" by director Katsuhiro omo from the collection "Memories" is perhaps my strongest influence for this piece. While not quite as complex as his "Steam City" from Steamboy, I did gain a lot from the whole steam-punk experience. I'll try and post a short animation of this Dystopian Planetary Gun when I am done. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 2:13 AM

That is sweet-looking Moe! I love the retracting cover! Looks like a pretty mean gun too! I'll have to get my spy, Kyouran in there to try to get some better footage. ;-)

deestilo ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 3:37 AM

The project codename is actually "NEVERPISSEDMOEOFF" One touch of a button could send you rest in pieces.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 4:48 AM

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 10:33 AM ยท edited Sun, 14 August 2005 at 10:36 AM

Attached Link: Dystopian

Mind Over Matter

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 11:27 AM

Wow Moe! I didn't realize how massive this thing was! To see it in relation to the Dystopian buildings really puts it into perspective! I can see where this might be considered a doomsday weapon!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2005 at 1:44 PM

Effing Ada! That's a seriously cool piece of kit.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 4:38 PM

One of those secret talents M doesn't mention too much...he writes very well!

deci6el ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 5:31 PM

What a great message to find coming home. Been away for a while so I've got to rush off and get some other recently released Dystopian Destination items. Gun is cool but way cooler is the idea of ten more block of Dystopia! Woohoo! Looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up.

djgoldfinger ( ) posted Tue, 20 December 2005 at 1:57 PM

sweet! as a evil dude i'd like to oder 4 for "hunting" yea hunting not to distroy pluto :) nicely done bud

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.