Wed, Oct 23, 12:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Blacksmith3D Work In Progress: Fantasy Armour!

Blacksmith3D_Matt ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 4:16 PM ยท edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 12:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.blacksmith3d.com

file_284678.jpg

Hey all!

We're back with another work in progress over here at Blacksmith3D. This time its a bit of fantasy armour, made out of primitive shapes (spheres, planes, cones, toruses and cylinders) constructed entirely right in Blacksmith3D!

This object will be released for free when it's complete, along with a spiffy texture.

Hope you like!

Matt
3D Graphics Consultant for Blacksmith3D

Matt_Banner.jpg
Blacksmith3D-Morph-Lite 2.0 is now available and on sale for $49.95 (limited time only)

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 4:40 PM

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! :)

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 5:01 PM

cool..but then why wouldn't a Blacksmith be working armor?..;) just as long as you don't work cold iron..;) looks interesting..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 5:13 PM

I'd like a full detailed step-by-step tutorial on how it's done even more than the armor. Looks like an excellent and wonderful project.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 7:36 PM

Looks good so far, and I agree with leather-guy...a tutorial like that might make me wade into the world of modeling again.

Blacksmith3D_Matt ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2005 at 10:17 AM

Actually, we do have plans to release a tutorial on how to construct this armour in Blacksmith3D along with the armour object itself.

For now, check out this related tutorial on our website on how to make a primitive helmet:

http://www.blacksmith3d.com/creating_a_barbarian_helmet.htm

The construction workflow is virtually identical, it's just a matter of different shapes in different positions :)

Matt
3D Graphics Consultant for Blacksmith3D

Matt_Banner.jpg
Blacksmith3D-Morph-Lite 2.0 is now available and on sale for $49.95 (limited time only)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.