Sat, Sep 21, 6:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Monthly Challenge - Nostalgia

pstekky ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2005 at 3:24 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:21 PM

file_284909.jpg

This is a vintage Victrola record player. The record you see is also old, circa 1930's. No idea on the Victrola itself. It has a crank to wind it up, and the speaker you can see built into the arm. Converted to sepia and re-sized in Photoshop.

pstekky ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2005 at 3:25 PM

file_284910.jpg

And the Thumbnail...

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2005 at 4:36 PM

Oh yes!!! I love this!!! Totally!! The postwork really conveys these old times feeling!!! Superb shot and entry!

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2005 at 6:35 PM

This is so classy! Composition, tones, love all the details on the needle arm! The refraction on the record and the DOF add to it all...great shot!

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2005 at 6:43 PM

Added to Challenge page
got_it.jpg fantastic find & entry :]

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:27 AM

Amazing it's the first time I've seen one of these! Tx for enlighting me!

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

pstekky ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:49 AM

file_284911.jpg

Here's a full shot of it. You can see the "pipe" where the crank plugs in just under the record on the right. The "ashtray" looking thing is to store the stylus and head, and right up front, you can see a silver strip shaped piece, that's the speed setting to move from a 78rpm record to something else (45rpm's where still a couple years away I think) The poor thing is in horrible shape. I found it tucked away in my parents garage a few years back. It doesn't wind, and I haven't been brave enough to try to open the case. LOL

Other notable that didn't make my entry, is the "Fluta". I'm afraid I don't have any information on that one. It's just old. :)
Hope you enjoyed the tour. :)
Rich

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:51 AM

would be worth cleaning up! :] would luv to find something like that

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:21 AM

Jeez!!! me too!!! This is wicked!!! I love old things! I'm currently buying old cams on ebay! It's how desperate I am for antiques! :( U lucky to have these, take good care of them! :)

Kristanene ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:30 AM

OMG, this is absolutely gorgeous Rich!! I love it!! The sepia is absolutely perfect for this shot! I've always been SO fascinated with things like this..there's an antique mall in downtown Louisville that said on the side of the building that they have "phonographs"..I'm dying to get a chance to go in and look around!! BTW, awesome work!!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:19 PM

Nice pic!

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:50 PM

Wow. I have some old perry comos which may feel right at home there. Bsteph

pstekky ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 3:05 PM

Well, some quick internet research has this dated between 1926 and 1929. I was kinda hoping for something rare, but alas, millions were made. I will settle for the fact it belonged to my folks and cherish it for that reason. That's enough for me. :) (Oh, and the stacks and STACKS of records! It's amazing how much they weigh!!) hehe Rich

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 12:15 PM

WOW! This is such a cool entry. Awesome job indeed! I concider my first CD-player to be antique, LOL.

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.