Sun, Sep 22, 2:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: When a shop has faith...

Nameless_Wildness ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 7:02 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:48 AM

file_286673.jpg

in you! She liked my shots :) Gotta say, overwhelmed! and...all for nothing!!

LostPatrol ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 7:20 PM

Nice one, congrats to you. Simon

The Truth is Out There

Damia ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 7:26 PM

WOW! How cool is that?! That is wonderfu Jim. I must say you deserve to be noticed though. :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 8:10 PM

That is just so good Jimbo...congrats on the storefront.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 8:59 PM

I do hope you get some sales from this...a sale or two is a good boost for certain. Congrats!!!!! We know your shots are super..I hope the public recognizes that, too. Tom.

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 9:13 PM

Jimbo, one question: Can you tell us what size the image files are? Did you use some form of color management? Then again, maybe this was shot on film!!! This will help any others maybe aspiring to have a decent print of the better shots. I have a feel for it pretty much and my 8x10 inch images come out well. I haven't tried for any larger prints so far. Again, congrats! For what it is worth may be more than you expect. Tom.

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 11:19 PM

must be floating on cloud 9!! could just be the beginning of a successful career! well done there jimbo :]

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 1:17 AM

Good luck with that one Jim! ;)

tvernuccio ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 1:19 AM

JimBo that is like WAY too cool!!!! Well, your photographs certainly DO deserve to be displayed there, and how AWESOME she's doing that for you!!! You're definitely gonna be getting a lot more commissions, jim!!! hope you're ready!!! huge congrats!!!!!!! :)

Nameless_Wildness ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 3:02 AM

Many thanks everyone. I know you all wish well Just gotta keep the head together :) Tom: The shop manager printed all the work (A3) in her shop. The printer must be 5 ft long and 4 ft high! She had no A3 mounts in stock at the time. File size: 3504 x 2336 RAW converted to TIF She will do all the printing from commissions. Took the above shot with the 100mm macro! (No polariser yet :( Must admit Cindy, cloud nine does exist:) Many thanks again all.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 8:32 AM

Nice to hear of success stories. May it continue for you!

diomedes66 ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 9:28 AM

This could not happen to a finer photographer! Well done

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 11:55 AM

Well, it is about time. I would say it is a nice suprise, but I'm not suprise, so I guess it is just really nice that someone is appreciating you work like this. Congrats!!!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 1:04 PM

Cant think of anyone that deserves it more than you. Congratulations Jim!!! Had that store been near me, i would buy some for sure. #:O)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Gabrielsdream ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 7:28 AM

Congratulations Jim! Doesn't suprise me at all, your images are always excellent!!! Well done! Keep the faith!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.