Wed, Sep 25, 1:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:25 pm)

Subject: design questions about a render I'm doing

zulu9812 ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 8:26 AM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 1:34 AM

file_286712.jpg

Hello there. Got some queries about this render. What I'm aiming for is that Captain Britain is the hero in this pic - and I think that the eye is naturally drawn towards him. What I'm not sold on is the background. To tell the truth, I wasn't sure what setting to put the fight in - hence the black background. Whilst I like the way that shadows play over the characters, I feel that it lacks the comic book 'oomph!'. Additionally, I fear that it actually makes the British super hero look sinister. Does anyone have any suggestions?

kirisute ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 8:33 AM

camera angle! thats my suggestion.... dont be afraid to move the camera....take it in niceand close and behind cap americas shoulder maybe...so your almost looking over him and into the fist of captain britain! or take it low and have it pointing upwards at the two figures! seriously..play with your camera and you will be suprised how you can change the picture without even changing the figures!

Reddz ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 8:56 AM

Maybe you can just try to have like a city back drop?

zulu9812 ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 9:00 AM

I did originally build a city scene, but I figure that it overpowered the fighting duo cheers for that kirisute, i'll take that onboard

Reddz ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 9:04 AM

I can see how it makes Captain britain sinister. Maybe its cause we are use to captain america and his affiliation? ... Captain america is a good guy right? lol

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 9:47 AM

If you want to use a city backdrop, try desaturating it or blurring it before use. All you need is the suggestion of their environment; as you suspect, too much detail will distract from the action. Ditto to what kirisute said about camera angle. If Captain Britain is the dominant figure, try placing the camera low, looking up at him. Also experiment with the focal length; a wider angle lens than normal will exaggerate CB's fist in relation to the rest of him.

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 12:30 PM

Well, if you want to try for some realism, you could have US Agent (that's Steve Rodgers, after he was Cap, the suit is different, though actually it should be a medium gray where it is now dark blue,) sitting in a chair, telling Cap Brit who to fight, and how to do it. ;-) Just kidding. Sorry, Cap America is my favorite super hero, and I am not too keen on seeing him get his tail handed to him. I agree on the camera angle idea. I would try putting it right past the shield, on the side facing out already, pointed up toward Brit's face. (But I would still change them so Cap Am is knocking Brit on his arse ;-)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 3:14 PM

I have to agree with the others - having Capt. Britain bashing Capt. America is totally at odds with reality. Maybe you could have him bashing Capt. ASBO or somebody like that. Nice render, though.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 5:52 AM

I think the Captian America figure should be turned more into the picture, a little more profile. The power of the punch is weakened in the current pose. The change would also featue Captain Britian more. Captain American's shield is where your sending the viewer first. Why? because the shield is large, it has the brightest colors, and the most contrast, you might want to add some shadows. Remember, Size, location, color, contrast, etc., all focus where the viewer looks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.