Mon, Sep 9, 10:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 4:57 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: August Challenge Theme

Djeser ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 7:03 AM Ā· edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 8:36 PM

"Summer's End" August into September was always bittersweet for me as a kid, as I knew school was going to start up and felt compelled to cram in as much fun as possible before then. But the end of summer means different things to different people. What does it mean to you? I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this theme...have fun!

Sgiathalaich

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 3:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1026683

Summer's End is the cusp between the seasons of fullness and of harvest, so I've photographed a feast of wild grasses and a couple of wee birdies fattening up for the coming winter. :) My image is slipped into the Gallery and can be found at the link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1026683&Start=1&Sectionid=8&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNew=Yes

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2005 at 5:20 AM

file_282391.jpg

The Leaves Begin To Glow

Fractals will always amaze me!

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2005 at 7:56 AM

Oh, my gosh, that's gorgeous. Great start of two strong entries in the challenge. :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2005 at 9:43 AM

Lovely colors!

tresamie ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 12:15 AM

Glad you like it! This was made in the new UltraFractal 4.00, with just resize, unsharp mask and signature in Fireworks MX

nghayward ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 2:30 PM Ā· edited Thu, 25 August 2005 at 2:32 PM

file_282393.jpg

Summer has ended. The skys are clouding over and is that rain she can feel dropping down on her. I can feel those cold winds already. Better wrap up

Thanks
Nigel

Message edited on: 08/25/2005 14:32

kansas ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 3:48 PM

file_282394.jpg

Yes, Autumn is approaching. Leaves are beginning to turn. The winds are laced with a coolness in the mornings. Marion

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 6:48 PM

Wow! That is knockout gorgeous!

kansas ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 7:09 PM

Thanks hauksdottir. I'm glad you like it. I forgot to say it is made in UltraFractal 3.05 with border and sig in PSP. Marion

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 6:28 PM

file_282397.jpg

End of Summer

kansas ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 7:41 PM

Ahhh yes! The End of Summer! I hate to see it end. A wonderful picture anniemation! Everything put away until next spring. Marion

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 8:58 PM

Very evocative... those nurtured seedlings are now setting seeds themselves!

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 8:55 PM

Those who are still working on something... it's time to rap it up. We'll officially close this challenge on Saturday and then open Sunday morning for Votes. Good luck everyone !!!

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 9:53 PM

a rappin' oration is the sum-sum-summation never fear the end is near and nuclear get your cogs in gear and your piece in here so cease your roman and lend an ear! I don't even listen to rap, mostly because it is nothing but bad rhymes without meaningfulness. Carolly

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2005 at 7:24 AM

file_282403.jpg

Summer ends and the flames of autumn briefly flare and then fade. Is ther nothing to look forward to but the encroaching bleakness and cold of winter, as the days get shorter and the nights grow longer. Look futher, look beyond. Can you not see the brightness, the promise of better things to come. Summer will return. It won't be the same summer, but it will be a summer.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2005 at 8:37 AM

Lovely thought! We can all hope for a better summer next time around!

kansas ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2005 at 8:46 AM

A wonderful thought. And a beautiful picture, chohole.

quixote ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2005 at 11:58 AM

Looking further and far beyond... yes a philosophy that should apply to perhaps more than a change of seasons. I try.... Nice work everyone.

Un coup de dƩs jamais n'abolira le hazard
S MallarmƩ

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 7:42 AM

Greetings folks. Thought you would have started the voting by now, but if you need the 'official' push. Here it is. :) Please select your three favs and vote for them (1st, 2nd, 3rd). I'll tally up the results and announce the winner, which will get to pick the theme for September. Good luck everyone !!

kansas ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 8:28 AM

1st-chohole (summer ends) 2nd-anniemation (End of Summer) 3rd-Tresamie (The Leaves Begin to Glow) I don't think we should vote for our own entry. Marion

nghayward ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 9:18 AM

1st Chohole 2nd Kansas 3rd Tresamie Well done everyone Nigel

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 11:06 PM

1st Kansas 2nd anniemation 3rd chohole

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 2:18 AM

Ist Kansas 2nd Tresamie 3rd Hauksdottir. I took my fav three and tossed them up in the air, this is how they came down. I agree with Kansa about voting for oneself, as ones opinion of ones own art is often subjective rather than objective. Great challenge.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 3:54 AM

Argh! What a choice! It is rather like an early harvest with fruits everywhere. :) 1st - chohole (a promise of another summer is a welcome hope) 2rd - nghayward (I've felt those raindrops) 3rd - anniemation (pots and paints and hoses hung) I have to confess that this time I went entirely with emotion, and each of these communications strongly. Carolly

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 4:34 AM

I'll be counting these up tonight and we'll see who get to pick the next theme. :)

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 8:39 AM

As always, I am impressed by everyone's work. The hardest thing is to even enter most the time. And you all continue to take a general subject and just make it your own and bring a unique view and life into it. So.. on with the count down. In 6th place with 1 point: Hauksdottir In 5th place, with 2 points: nghayward In 4th place, with 4 points: Tresamie In 3rd place, with 5 points: anniemation In 2nd place, with 8 points: Kansas And fianlly, in first place, with 10 points: Chohole. Congrats to everyone!! And Chohole, if you will be so kind as to start a new thread with the September challenge. (please note: with the holidays coming I know things get a little stressed and work on these type of things might become limited. As such.. November & Decembers challenge will be One, giving you two months to work on the end of year challenge... and, if I can swing it, with a little something added).

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:51 PM

Congratulations! We had a wonderful suite of images on an interesting theme. One of the best parts is watching how everybody goes in different directions and yet the summation fits perfectly. Carolly

kansas ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 9:33 PM

Congratulation! Thanks for your votes. I really like this challenge arena forum because any kind of art is accepted. Much more freedom for creative expression here. Marion

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 1:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12372&Form.ShowMessage=2403346

Yup, I say the same as Kansas. I think this forum is the most interesting, all we need to do is get it to be a major interest forum. Have posted a theme for the next challenge if you like to peruse it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.