Tue, Oct 22, 3:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: What's wrong with Miki's fingers?

HandyGM ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 3:20 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 6:30 PM

file_288031.jpg

Take a look at the attached picture. All I did was move her little finger in a tad, and got the crumpled look - out a tad, and I got the webbed picture. Does anyone know if Curious Labs intends to put out a fix for this?

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 3:27 AM

They should put out a fix for it, it is a bad mistake.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 3:58 AM

Don't count on it. They have never bothered to fix the P6 figures. Bend thier fingers and see what happens. Far worst. Consider yourself lucky with Miki.

HandyGM ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 4:05 AM

Ooh, I see what you mean. James little finger does it too, but not as bad as Miki... but Kate's little finger is so off it doesn't even look like a finger any more!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 5:13 AM

Who was it that developed and integrated "Joint Parameters" into Poser? And not even they seem to have a clue on how they work! Note: I realize that most of the default content is created by non-CL/eF employees. But!!... you'd think that there'd be someone there with enough knowledge (hello!?) to check the quality of these things before release. Again, sloppy work and, especially, sloppy quality control. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy! There seems to be alot that going around Poser these days...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 5:40 AM

These figures seem to have been put out quicky, maybe they werent tested as well as they should have been to save time, that isn`t an excuse for curious labs, it is sloppy.

marco-xxx ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 5:51 AM

The fact is that nevertheless people know that many of their products have a quality less than acceptable, continue to buy them. Until they can sell low quality products and people buy them, why they would sell high quality and less profitable products?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 7:15 AM

Ah, but we don't get up-front information about these problems. And seems to me that here, eF/CL, and Daz are notorious for doing beta tests but not having beta testers give results to potential customers. On the good side, problems like this can be fixed by competent users (and possibly propagated to others). On the bad side, when a defective figure is released it has a global impact on all of the add-on products (clothing figures, mainly). If a product is so bad that you find it unusable, most stores have a refund policy. It is up to the 'manufacturer' to establish quality control, not the end-users and merchants. Let's just whisper 'Renda'...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 2:03 PM

Looks like Sara's too. Loaded her, looked, saw the fingers and now the figure sits dorment on my HD.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 2:22 PM

There is a fix for the sara hand problem, you select sara and select Figure>Symmetry>Left Arm to Right from the menu, and then answer yes to copy joint settings and then save sara back to the figure library.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.