Sun, Oct 6, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: September Challenge CD COVER

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 1:48 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:25 PM

file_288240.jpg

This month's challenge theme is CD Covers Fictional Album/CD Cover (The fictitious band "SGM" needs a photograph for their first album cover and three words to go along with their acronym. First, come up with a 3 word name for the band to explain what "SGM" stands for, and second, photograph something appropriate for their debut album cover in square format (for example: "Super Geek Machine" or whatever :) Get creative! *It is encouraged that images for each challenge should be photographed after the entry start date and before the finish date. *You may submit up to 2 images per person.Provide a thumbnail sized to 100 pixels wide by 80 pixels high. *No clone account entries will be accepted! Post work is allowed. And as always, no 3D, and no stock photography, the work should be all your own, and we encourage your entries to be new photographs shot within the dates of challenge. Images must be within Renderosity's TOS .... otherwise anything goes - however, please keep in mind that this is a " photography" challenge! Note: Please respect other members and do not upload any images in the thread started by them. Comments are welcomed ------- My 1st Entry as a sample

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:01 AM · edited Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:10 AM

oh man! cool CD cover Doug!
really helps to see an example... thank you :]

ambles off thinking of band names for S G M...

(yes we're all using SGM... challenging huh :)
... hope that's not already a group too :P lol

& square format! means i'll probably need to add a border on either side or crop the thumb to fit the...

100 wide X 80 tall challenge page format to enter this challenge... can do! :]

Message edited on: 09/01/2005 02:10

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:06 AM

LOL I don't know what made me think of this name.Thumbnails to be
100x80

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:09 AM

file_288241.jpg

thumb

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:14 AM · edited Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:15 AM

what did you do there Doug? squish the thumb by ***unchecking the... "constrain proportions" or "lock aspect ratio" when you resized? :D

Message edited on: 09/01/2005 02:15

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:18 AM

Yes It was square so I unchecked "constrain proportions" This is in Photoshop...in PSP you would Uncheck "lock aspect ratio" If it is square having 100x80 will not make a big difference.

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:29 AM

hehe... thank you for clearing that mystery up Doug :D

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 2:55 AM

Oh my Doug this is wicked!!! Such a cool design!!! I love this!!!

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 3:24 AM

Thanks pascale...Cindy and I were discussing all the things we have to do and how we coudl make the challenge easy to understand. So I did this like in 20 mins and it just came together. Least it's original.Not even sure what made me think of the name . Pressure I guess.

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 7:57 AM

Are text graphics necessary? I would not want to inadvertently screen out good photogaphers who might not have the software to manipulate text in a fanciful way. Otherwise, good idea and good timing for me : ) Tom.

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 9:43 AM

Well even in a word document you can add text. I think most people that have ever done the challenges have some type of software even if it is Painter to add some letters.But as the directions say...this fictitious band is just looking for a photo.

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 11:36 AM

hey Tom!! hope to see your bluegrass cd cover! let's see... ummm... Southern Gentleman Musicians? it's not necessary... but if you would, please post with your entry the name of the CD group

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 7:11 PM

Cynlee, the cd cover for the bluegrass band won't be ready for this challenge. The band is working out the "primary theme" for the album. Then comes the test shot and the real shoot. I do have an idea for this challenge, however. This will be a test, in itself! Should be lots of fun. Reminds me of an old country tune: "My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend...and I Miss Him." heee haw!!! Now, that is NOT bluegrass. Tom

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2005 at 1:24 AM

ROFL@Tom!!! Who the hell sing that song?? This is hilarious!!

cbender ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2005 at 6:36 AM

a cool cover doug! really like it :) the "framing" is quite stylish! great colours used here... work very well with the pic!

nathalie06 ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 6:05 AM

Very original Doug. I like the composition of your cover and of course the name of the band. Well done ! Good luck !!! Hugsss

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.