Wed, Oct 23, 2:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Why can I not move my character?! ... please help

duskangel1 ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 11:46 AM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 2:23 AM

..please help me find my sanity! This has happened to me more than once. With an existing character I had saved and a with a character after creating a new document and trying to unravel the mystery. I used v3, did the injs, got her looking the way I wanted, set her pose and all of a sudden I can not move the figure on the screen. The dials of x,y,z do not move her or by using the translate button and trying to drag the circle to position her. She is just stuck in the middle of the screen. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 12:36 PM

Maybe you've locked the figure? You can check in the figure menu. Or maybe you're using the Pose camera - it's parented to the hip, so any translations will not be visible.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

nickedshield ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 12:41 PM · edited Sun, 04 September 2005 at 12:41 PM

I would check under the figures command to see if somehow the figure got locked. If there is a check mark, uncheck it.

If that's not the case, how long have you waited to try to move the figure?
It takes a tad for Poser to become responsive after injecting all of the morphs.

Message edited on: 09/04/2005 12:41

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 11:41 PM

look in inverse Kinematics (I think), and make sure that the legs are locked; etc. Another thing I do sometimes, is use the bottom right column (where you choose cameras, etc., in Poser 4..not sure what version you're using), select 'body', then dial you x,y,z, and other cartouches to position the figure..but that's me..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.