Fri, Oct 4, 3:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: To the PTB....um about your banner...

SWAMP ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 9:42 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:37 PM

file_290149.jpg

Not a rant or complaint but. The next time you design a banner you might consider, that many members have their color profiles set up the way Rendo used to be for so long. That is a dark background with light text (and highlighted text). Nothing to do with nostalgia, but it is easier on the eyes. None of your banners have ever been hard to see until this one. SWAMP

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 9:49 PM

It should work o.k. for most users if they lose the bgcolor="white" tag and all the font color tags for that table area. As it stands now, I can't see most of the text. It may be a good example of why the W3C wants to deprecate font color.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 10:13 PM

That's exactly how it looks to me now too, I've been sticking with the old black background scheme ever since the big switch. Guess I'll just have to scroll down faster to shield my eyes. ; SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 12:13 AM

Same here, can't read the text but it's not my settings. The table background is set to white and the text is set very light.

...... Kendra

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 12:59 AM

file_290150.jpg

I don't know what settings I have but mine is readable - not my favorite color but readable.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 1:19 AM

OOPS! Sorry guys, mea culpa! I was messing around with a slightly new layout last night, didn't like it so decided to restore the original, but forgot to wipe the background colour. All fixed now I hope! Karen :o)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

tastiger ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 1:50 AM

file_290151.jpg

Nope - not if you use a dark background as your colour scheme..

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 1:55 AM

I didn't even know I could CHOOSE my own color scheme here. :P

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 1:59 AM

All fixed Karen...Cool! Thank you, SWAMP

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 2:11 AM

file_290152.jpg

Mizrael, Under "Members Options" go to "My Profile" and at the bottom you can choose your color preference.

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 4:06 AM

Is it better now?

"you are terrifying

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 7:20 AM

Much better! I can see the links there for the first time in ages. And yea I'm still using the good old BLACK background as well.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 9:06 AM

Fixed here too, thank you very much. :) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 12:42 PM

Yes, it's fixed, Karen. The users create something analogous to a "style sheet" by their display prefs, so if you avoid countermanding any of those prefs with subsequent bgcolor/fontcolor tags, it should look o.k. for all users. It may be different for all users, but it will all be readable.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 3:09 PM

Thanks for the instructions Swamp. Can't believe I've been around this long and never knew. ;) Too busy posering and looking at Galleries I guess.

tastiger ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 4:15 PM

Thanks karen - can see the links now ....

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 6:10 AM

Cool, thanks folks. I'll stop fiddling with it now, I promise :o)

"you are terrifying

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 4:53 PM

Much better thanks. I couldn't read it either. Frankly I didn't even know there was additional text there until I looked really close. hehe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.