Sat, Sep 21, 11:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Another Complex/Simple Subject

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2001 at 10:07 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

file_150524.jpg

this is a very ordinary subject, but it has a grace and beauty about it. i will post the B&W later if you like.

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2001 at 1:54 PM

file_150534.jpg

i reposted to the b&w making Colm's suggested adaptations. i think it has helped the picture immencely.

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2001 at 1:58 PM

file_150536.jpg

here is my Blue Moon version. very interesting. please comment on what you like and dislike about the 3 versions.

Kurka ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2001 at 3:15 PM

You might consider cropping out the road, zoomig in to the earth formation, and printing it with a bit more drama; more contrast, darker, darkening the corners a bit helps with this kind of photo.

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2001 at 4:18 PM

Yes, I agree with Kurka Gwyn. Often it is much more effective and dramatic to crop into the image and delete disracting parts. Without the road it could be anything, anywhere but with the road it is obvious it is a roadside. I think also that you should add more contrast especially in the black and white one. Think of all those stunning black and whites that we have all see. Most have a very deep printed contrast and yes as Kurka says burning in the corners a bit can really help draw you into the scene and help create mood and drama.

leighp1 ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2001 at 7:00 AM

I just really love the blue one...It might be because blue is my favorite color. It gives it something...Not really knowing what that "something" is, but it really has me drawn to it. I do like their ideas on cropping out the road.

stefbois ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2001 at 6:44 PM

gwyn i whould crop to remove the road...As soon we drop our eyes on the road we get distracted and go back and forth from the road to de subject... It is nice do...

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 3:29 PM

file_150539.jpg

i don't totally agree that the cropped picture is the better picture. to me, the road makes it real and grounded and it becomes a study in reality, a forensic picture, one that i could take to court and the jury would understand what they are looking at. if you want a fantasy, then what i did with the terrazzo affect is a better picture.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.