Thu, Sep 19, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Best program to manage runtimes?

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 10:03 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Hi. My poor computer is starting to creak under the amount of poser items I've stuffed inside it. I've now got five runtimes, some of them huge, and a lot of installed stuff that I'm never likely to use again. Can anyone give a personal recommendation for software that makes it easy to delete a whole installed item, or to drag it around from one runtime to another? I mean, that by deleting or moving one thing, all the associated and necessary files would also be deleted/moved? Thanks!

Angel1 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 10:24 AM

P3DO - as far as I'm concerned it's the best out there and I have tried them all

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 11:24 AM

Thanks, Angel. I've been considering that one, but just wanted to hear it from someone else! Anyway I've bought it, and am very (im)patiently waiting for my registration key from the vendor. I also noticed I'd bought an out-of-date version from Rosity (my own fault for not searching properly, but it never occurred to me that they'd be selling an older version as well as the current version (and for the same price!). I'm hoping the purchase entitles me to an upgrade! Thanks!

Angel1 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 11:37 AM

Yarp is excellent for customer support and I'm sure you'll be getting the upgrade. He is always upgrading :-) make sure you get all the plug-ins for it: http://www.senosoft.com/ Have fun :-)

Send IM | Gallery

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:19 PM

Yep, he's already been in touch, and I'm a happy customer! Thanks again!

Angel1 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:26 PM

So glad to hear that - I know you're going to love the program

Send IM | Gallery

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 4:26 AM

I love it already. I've been playing around with it, and managed to clear a whole bunch of outdated (and badly labeled) pz3 files. They've been on my hard drive forever, waiting until I had time to load them into poser and see what they were. But that would have taken forever. I would have bought this program for that quick peek into pz3 files, even without all its other features!

Angel1 ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 7:23 AM

another satisfied fan.............. :-)

Send IM | Gallery

urig ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 8:23 AM

Is something similar out there for mac OSX?

Angel1 ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 8:27 AM

Hmmmm You might try contacting Yarp and see if his program will work on mac. Otherwise, I haven't heard of anything the link to yarp is in the post above :-)

Send IM | Gallery

urig ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 8:34 AM

I was there and nope, there wasnt a mac-version... :-(

Angel1 ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 8:55 AM

Try contacting him to see if he has one in the works??

Send IM | Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.