Thu, Sep 19, 4:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New computer, come see.

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 8:28 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:43 AM

file_290607.JPG

P4 3.2Ghz with HT, 1024mb of DDRAM, 120GB of S-ATA hard disk space, 256mb of ATI RADEON goodness, 17" NEC FE770 CRT (didn't want an LCD). Plus speakers, etc. Still have to test out a render in Bryce. Is there any way of telling when HT is being used? I know 5.5 doesn't exactly support it, but I'm just wondering... So yeah, godly. I have a new love :) drac

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 9:37 AM

your desk is so clean it's scary!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 9:41 AM

In the Task Manager, click the performance tab to see what each processor is up to. Nice rig, dude. :) Jay

RodsArt ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 10:16 AM

ees lovely. I'm getting close to that time too.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 10:30 AM

i just moved to the new house so my desk is extra clean :D drac (won't be for long)

Sans2012 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 10:46 AM

You cleaned it just for the shot, we know:b Nice machine there dude. Just got a 120 sata and a ATI 256 vid card myself. You will notice a huge improvement with the sata drive for sure;) Crank it up!!!

I never intended to make art.

omac2 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 10:53 AM

nice desk drac !!. Just make sure there some ventilation around ur pc, looks a bit 2 enclosed. Happy renders! (anyone noticed the piece of paper...to turn on pc follow this instructions....) ;)

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:21 PM

What! No Mac? Thought youd told everyone how much you loved Macintosh... ;)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:37 PM

Ohhhhhh,..........it's shiny !

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 1:07 PM

love it.. where's that axe i was saving.. COME'ERE! :D drac

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:00 PM
Forum Moderator

I WANT THAT PC'S BABIESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:03 PM
Forum Moderator

Really cool pc......really tatty mousemat....go figure!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:04 PM
Forum Moderator

Now if you bought yourself an optical mouse and keyboard.........

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:08 PM

it's jeans material, okay? :P

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:09 PM

never. ever. will i do that. never liked them :) drac

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:14 PM
Forum Moderator

Of course, a REAL artist works in the dark........;)

kimpe ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 3:26 PM

It must be new, there are only five icons on the desktop. I can't use a wallpaper, too many icons in the way! Nice rig Drac...

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 3:28 PM

i can't stand messy desktops :D i usually only have 10 or so. max

RodsArt ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 3:31 PM

Vanity is a wonderful attribute: I have my artwork on the desktop.....and "NO DAMN ICONS". LOL

___

tempest967 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 3:48 PM

Yeah, me too....ICM.....damn vanity. Nice machine Drac.....I'm jealous in the extreme....I'm 3-6 mos. away from a new machine....hate it when the wife controls the budget,somehow a computer is never in it.

MoonGoat ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 6:48 PM

Thank you for making me salivate. May you and your new compy have many happy memories together.

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 7:20 PM

Cool machine, Drac! @ Jaymonjay, I may be wrong but you still only have one processor, the P4, the hyperthreading comes in as the p4 utilizes the two 60gb(120gb hd) by splitting the data stream to two drives it speeds up the work flow internally. Doesn't matter if B5.5 supports it. Mine is a P4, 3.6ghz, with 500gb Raid 0 HD(two 250gb drives), it was lighting fast until Win service pack 2 got installed, then I think the new security protocols slowed it down some....but Bryce does render much faster with HT....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 7:25 PM

yay! latest news: i've christened it SPANKY, after my departed laptop. :D drac

RodsArt ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 7:32 PM

The King is dead, Long Live King Spanky!!

___

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 7:41 PM

Mine's 'Emperor Todd' of the planet Spango.....=)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 7:55 PM

My Machines are named Bob, Valerie, Kristen and Marylin.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

omac2 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 9:19 PM

another thing drac, that subwoofer work best on the floor. Those bass lines will bounce better ;)

kimpe ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 9:34 PM

All that $$ and they didn't give you a new mouse pad?

TobinLam ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 12:44 AM

Hey Zhann, HT only deals with the processor. Raid is what does crazy cool stuff with your hard drives, and you have to have at least two. Raid 0 is definitely a cool setup, especially with hard drives so large. Nice computer! I have my more powerful sub positioned similarly and if I scoot back in my chair I can really start hearing it. I turned up some rap song really loud and I was wondering why the bass wasn't really loud until I left the room and came back. Then I had the sub pointing at me and it actually was pretty loud, you just don't hear it from the side.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 12:53 AM

Nice pc drac, only oine problem i can pick with it though.. ITS ON THE WRONG DESK...should be on my desk not yours :p

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

tantarus ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 1:48 AM

Cool comp. (CRT monitor is definetly better than LCD). Youre desk looks so steril and clean in comparison to my chaos, I can barely move the mouse ;)

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

waldodessa ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 1:54 AM · edited Sun, 11 September 2005 at 1:59 AM

file_290608.JPG

You have a beautiful set Look mine...Overheating was my problem...

Message edited on: 09/11/2005 01:59

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 5:20 AM
Forum Moderator

We had two pcs - Kenny & Cartman. Kenny died....:(

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 5:29 AM

My pc is called Phtalo, and my Laptop is called Cay. Sadly I think Phtalo is slowly dying, as it randomly just shuts down. Also it shuts down more often when you give it more difficult (cpu intensive) things to do. I have already checked if it's an overheating prob, but that's not the case.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 6:05 AM

waldodessa that should cool things down a bit lol. Maybe try a bar fridge for your next PC case;)

I never intended to make art.

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 6:08 AM

i had overheating problems too, but mine was a laptop. not much you can do there unfortunately :/

tantarus ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 8:07 AM

waldodessa considering how often you post new works its no wonder that youre comp is overheating ;)

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 10:59 AM

Now that is a seriously geek setup waldodessa! Mine just go by bambleweeney and bambleweeney partable.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Swade ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 11:20 AM

Looks like you have a nice PC now Drac. It's gotta beat the lappy. 8) Lol @ Waldodessa.... I used to have my PC set up that way a couple of years ago. I had it all laying on an anti-static mat. Can't keep 'em cooler than that.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 10:13 PM

"A neat desk is the sign of a sick mind." Variously attributed to Einstein and Oppenheimer... {Nice Rig}

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 1:54 AM

file_290609.JPG

Oh, desk pics huh. Here's my Oman desk pic. My laptop is kinda shoving my husband's computer out of the way. Until he gets back from work anyway... It (my laptop)'s a Pentium 4 CPU 3.60GHz with 2.00 GB of Ram ACPI Multiprocessor PC with a NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 The coffees the important part...

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 3:48 AM

file_290610.JPG

My set-up...on a good day. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 5:11 AM
Forum Moderator

HEE-hee..I'm off to AS' place with a pair of snips.....! ;)

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 5:39 AM

LMAO!!!

bandolin ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 7:37 AM

@ Rochr & Drac. Just to let you guys know, that if it weren't for Macs cool apps like Bryce and Poser would never have existed. Not to mention Photoshop and Flash. All apps originally made for Mac. sensitive MacUser who need constant reassurance that his chosen platform at work is viable ...I have a PC at home though...

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 7:39 AM
Forum Moderator

Bandolin: Sorry to have to contribute to your manic depression, but what is a 'MAC' ? ;)

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 8:24 AM

Hhhmmmm, which in a months time will be running an Intel cpu rather then powerPC and probably in a years time will endup just being a wintel box, i.e a PC.......

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 10:38 AM

I think I can see AS wired in there somewhere...

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 10:41 AM

Mac:

• a pimp or playa or mackin on sumone to put your moves on her

*damn son ur a mak daddy

whatch me mac on dis gurl*

• Someone who can spit game and manipulate people to do what they want. Whether it be getting them in bed or working on the street corner. As Mac Dre Says:

"I'm a MAC, i Mastered the Art of Communication"
Mac Dre
Rip

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2005 at 3:22 AM

No no, a Mac is a raincoat. I thought everybody knew that? (innocent expression)

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.