Thu, Sep 19, 9:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: Problem after changing System...

urig ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 6:03 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:57 PM

Hi. Ive changed from WinXP to Mac OS X. btw, e-frontier have made me a good price for upgrading my Poser win-version to Mac. Poser runs fine until Ive copied my old runtime folder... yep, from the win-version... and also made the updates content and sr1. Are the .cr* files from the win-version different to macs? Any help would be appreciated. TIA urig

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 7:04 PM

Hi, which version of poser. if it's 5 or 6 you probably won't need to do anything. just put your old runtime into your new computer. one word of caution though is when you drop a mac folder runtime into your poser folder it will overwrite your previous runtime. whearas windows will merge subfolders of same name mac folders and not overwrite. be very careful. now kaveman here at rendero has made a software called ditto to merge folders or you could get zippit - an inexpensive shareware which i think will extract your folders to other folders. i like ditto myself. anyway im me if you need help. love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

urig ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 8:16 AM

thanks, esther. That was the problem. I didnt realised that OSX has overwritten the original runtime-folder... New install and hand-copied all older files...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.