Mon, Oct 7, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: More unwanted dials Woes!

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 4:03 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 8:35 AM

It seems that every time I save a figure(A3,V3 or M3)to a pz3 file I get all of these extra unwanted blank and other dials that start with PBMDC,PBMCC or MIC(depending on what body part I select) that show up in the dials. I already have the Morph Cleaner app that can take care of the blank dials, but nothing so far will hide or do anything with the other unwanted dials. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciatted.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 10:28 PM

I can relate. I have no idea what that PBMDC etc stuff is... but all I know is that it's all ZERO on the dial and shouldn't be there! LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Xena ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 11:07 PM

CC = Community channels and DC = Daz channels. They are supposed to be there Acadia, or you'd have nothing to inject morphs into :) Dial Cleaner is supposed to remove all empty channels. Have you contacted the creator about it not working correctly?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 11:17 PM

I've also just tried Dial Cleaner which does remove all the unwanted dials but also removes all of the dials listed when you have the body(the full body)selected. I've also noticed that when you select each body part and use the dials to adjust the extent of the morph all of the dials with PBMDC,PBMCC and MIC return. I'm starting to become very annoyed as I have to hunt for the dials of the morphs through all of these.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 12:50 AM

Ok! I've just found a python script by Ockham in the freestuffs utilities section. One file called Dialcleaners with two scripts(one that hides dials with"-" as the name and the other one that hides dials that are set to zero)they work perfect for what I need(even though you have to run them each time you open the pz3 file). A BIG thanks goes out to Ockham for ending my migranes caused by hairpulling.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 9:57 AM

Just caught this thread.... Glad my script works. Would there be any purpose in choosing to wipe the PBMDC,PBMCC or MIC types separately? Or do you always want to wipe all the unused ones?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 11:16 AM

Mainly it's the PBMDC,PBMCC and MIC. They usually show up together and can go from 01-80 which burries most of the regular morph dials. As for the unused ones or the "-" ones they tend to show up only when the ones mentioned above appear, otherwise you can get them if you remove some of the injection morphs but will go away when you click on another body part. I guess doing that somehow refreshes the dials(weird). Also was wondering on how to have your scripts work automatically when I open the pz3 files(I'm using the automatic scripts that you included)and don't quite understand how to do this. Again thanks for any advice or help.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 11:33 AM

Frankly, I don't quite understand how to make scripts work automatically either! More seriously, I think the attempted automation of this script just isn't effective. Poser insists on forcing dials into existence at startup, so even when the script has installed itself into the PZ3, it doesn't seem to do any good. You'll just have to use it manually. Would you like a separate remover for all PBM/PBMCC/MIC that are currently zero? Would that be a good rule?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 11:57 AM

ockham: no problem about the automation I don't mind doing it manually as it takes care of the problem. As for your last question, everytime they appear they are all set to zero. I haven't found any so far that have appeared with any other setting. However since I'm not familiar with them I guess using the zero rule would be a good safeguard.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 12:16 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/AltDialCleaners2.zip

This ZIP includes the new idea along with the earlier cleaners. See how it works.....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 12:30 PM

ockham: just tried the PBMDCcleaner script and all I can say is WOW! It not only removed or hid the PBMDC,PBMCC and MIC dials but it also took care of the "-" named dials as well. Excellent job, I now only have to use the one script to take care of both problems. Thanks again for the fast response.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 12:33 PM

Great! I'll edit the freestuff entry to use this new zip.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 1:36 PM

All the more reason i refuse to use those Unimess inject/rem figures LONG LIVE M2/V2!!!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 5:10 PM

LONG LIVE OCKHAM - GOD OF PYTHON TOO! :o)

jeffg3 ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2005 at 8:07 PM

If there was a way to cause non-zero or recently used dials to turn color - what a teriffic timesaver that would be! No more scrolling up and down hunting for a recently used dial.

Posermatic ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2005 at 5:41 PM

"Unimess" That's a good one!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.