Fri, Sep 20, 1:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue Fusion

LMcLean ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 6:29 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:52 AM
  1. Has anyone heard if/when Vue Fusion will be released for C4D? 2. Does anyone know if you will be able to export Ecosystems, G.I., Radiosity? 3. Has anyone heard approx how much it will $$ Thanks

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 6:35 PM · edited Wed, 14 September 2005 at 6:36 PM
  1. By end of the year if I remember correctly.

2. That's not really how it works. You will be able to use ecosystem, GI, radiosity from within C4D, but it will not be an export TO C4D... more like a Vue area inside C4D.

3. That's anybody's guess. Mine is around $500 since it is meant to integrate with mid to high end software.... but e-on has not announced anything at this point.

Message edited on: 09/14/2005 18:36

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 4:02 AM

quote: Mine is around $500 since it is meant to integrate with mid to high end software /quote Oh geez, isn't that too high even for a pro tool? It would cost almost as much as the whole, full Vue 5 Infinite progam itself ($599), and not much distant from the soon-to-be-released Cinema 9.5 ($699). After all, it does connect the two softwares but it doesn't add anything per se, and I think that E-On wants to sell a good amount of those Fusion packs, and not see them sitting on a drawer. That is why I would expect a price tag around 200 UD$, more or less like the existing Ozone2 for CInema which is $166.

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 5:11 AM

Have to agree with Orio here, since the studios who'll buy Fusion will also need a 600$ licence of Infinite if they want to edit Vue content.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 6:19 AM

Like I said... that's just my guess. I have been known to be wrong before :)

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 6:42 AM

Agiel, who hasn't?

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 8:46 AM

For the good of everyone, I hope that mine is the correct guess ;-)

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 8:57 AM · edited Thu, 15 September 2005 at 8:58 AM

Maybe we should start taking bets... anyone knows a good bookmaker in the UK ? :)

Message edited on: 09/15/2005 08:58

DMM ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 10:17 AM

I would think a slightly lower pricepoint would be appropriate for a plugin that cannot be edited without a Vue licence. It looks (to me, from the press releases) that Fusion without a Vue licence will allow for preset atmospheres, textures, plants etc only, so the plugin alone will be limited for real professional use.

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 11:38 AM

I would be happy, if the Vue functionality would be integrated into C4D like they have done it with Ozone and Xfrog. It's a bad idea for the workflow that you have to edit the Vue stuff in Vue5I. By the way, I would love to have a P6 plugin for C4D, which gives me full control over Poser figures and their morphs...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.