Thu, Sep 19, 6:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: New Update 278257 out

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:09 AM

Lingrif, Xfrog trees I had previously saved as vob with tiff textures, I have no problem with. I will try importing as 3ds, and load the tiff in the transparency channel, I haven't tested this, the test I did with 3ds was creating an alpha plane with the tiff, which makes Vue crash instantly. Will report the results.

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:31 AM

Yep, Lingrif, it worked like you said! Will report this to e-on. Thanks.

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 3:02 AM

I've found that some tiffs still have a strange error when you try to reload them via the material editor. In the preview, they are mostly black with scratchy looking lines across the top. A workaround for this is to load an alpha plane, load the offending tiff into the color channel, which will usually work, and the alpha info will be read in. Click ok, and then in the material browser, you can drag the material over onto your XFrog material. After that, just delete alpha plane. I've reported this to e-on as well, with screenshots and a tiff that causes this problem, and they're working to figure out the problem.

Sgiathalaich

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 3:23 AM

Christie, I haven't been able to load a tiff in an alpha plane, Vues crashes immediatly.

lingrif ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 5:40 AM

I just tried Christie's approach - actually that was the method I originally used to bring all the xfrog stuff into Vue. And it worked fine - no crash.

www.lingriffin.com

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 6:15 AM

bruno, what tiff are you trying to load? Does it happen with all tiffs, or just particular ones? Do you get an error message when Vue crashes? Any chance of getting a crash log?

Sgiathalaich

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 6:31 AM

file_290936.jpg

Getting stranger by the minute. Yes, I only tried with one particulare tiff, Christie, it's the leaf tiff from the london Planetree, from the Basic library, if you want to try it. When I load it in an alpha plane, Vue crashes without warning. When I try to load the London Planetree in the lwo format, I get this message:

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 6:38 AM

Now, thers' something really weird! I tried loading other tiff pictures into alpha planes, and it works perfectly fine! How can it be that among hundreds of tiff images on the CD, I chose the only one that was a problem to run my tests, which btw, took me at least 6 hours yesterday? Will try exporting other trees in lwo format and let you know how it works.

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 6:46 AM

Well, it works in lwo format with other trees, now I feel like an idiot. I should've tried at least with another file! I'm really sorry I started this thread for nothing!

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 4:27 AM

Hi, well at least my dynamic clothes work okay, but I had to import the entire animation, because when I just chose frame 40 it was the wrong frame in vue. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.