Tue, Oct 22, 6:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: I'm looking for tree and rock props. Can you help?

jhustead ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:22 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:32 PM

I'm looking for tree and rock props. Trees and rocks of all sizes to work with nature scenes I'm wanting to create. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I should probably just get Bryce or Vue to create those types of scenes. Which one would you recommend? Thanks, James

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:26 PM

Vue 5 infinite would be the best one to get if you can afford it, bryce is a bit old and not as good as vue 5 Infinite.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:27 PM

I would recommend Vue. More powerful, and more compatible with Poser. If you can afford Vue Infinite, it's worth it for the "ecosystem" technology.

If you want to stick with Poser, RuntimeDNA.com has the best vegetation and rocks. Many are inexpensive; there are even some freebies.

The Microcosm might be enough for your needs. There's a version included in Poser 6. You can also buy it at RDNA. There's tons of textures for it there, too, free and for sale.

destro75 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:28 PM

I know I saw some pretty nice rock props offered by Blacksmith3D here a week or two ago. You could check their site.

jhustead ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:58 PM

Thanks!

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 3:55 PM

If you are looking for rock formations, hankster has a couple of nice sets in the marketplace. I agree, for trees and shrubs RDNA has some of the best selection and quality. Check LisaB's offerings at Daz for flowers. Free flowers at planit-3d. I've been using Bryce to make specialty terrains and inporting them into Poser. By applying magnets some very alien landscapes can be created.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2005 at 10:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=1986

I trongly recommend anything by these two. Best Poser vegetation available.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2005 at 9:52 AM

Attached Link: Odd Ditty Foundry

Also keep an eye here -- they are about to release a pack of 30 trees or so, and have a lot of sets designed to work very well with microcosm.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

jhustead ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2005 at 3:01 PM

Thank you all very much. I just love the closeness and helpfulness of this Renderosity community. Fellow artists helping each other out! Thanks again, -James

Blacksmith3D_Matt ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 12:21 PM

Yep, we have a few rocks over at Blacksmith3D. You can download them off our forums:

Clicky!

Register for free to download :)

Matt
3D Graphics Consultant @
Blacksmith3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.