Tue, Oct 22, 1:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue 5 Compatable Graphics Cards

deevee ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 8:20 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 9:54 PM

I know this question has been asked before, but I will ask it again anyway. As some of you might have heard I lost my hard drive a couple of weeks ago. I was using Win.2000k Pro. at the time, there were few if any significant problems, at that time. The new operating system is XP Pro.I have now started having questions asked regarding the compatability of my Graphics card, which is a nvidia geforce3 Ti 500. The help I need is,Which is the best card to use, so that I do not get this error every time I start Vue! any relevant help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Stay safe and healthy! deevee, Joe.

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 8:59 AM

Dunno about your card, Joe, mine's a geforge 6800 GT, works perfectly fine.

deevee ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 9:08 AM

Thanks for your reply, are you using the same operating system?

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 9:11 AM

Be sure and get the latest updated nividia drivers. :) I use a nividia and have no problems with my card. Nividia GeForce FX 5200 with 128 megs of ram.

ïÏøçö

Djeser ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 9:11 AM · edited Wed, 14 September 2005 at 9:12 AM

Joe, which version of Vue are you using? And iloco is right; make sure you have the latest drivers for your card. You can google for the NVIDIA site and the drivers will be there.

Message edited on: 09/14/2005 09:12

Sgiathalaich

lingrif ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 11:21 AM

I'm also using a nVidia GeForce GT6800 - works beautifully.

www.lingriffin.com

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 11:29 AM

I use Win Xp Home Ed, Joe, and on my laptop I have a geforce GO6200 PCI express, works prefect too, with XP Home Ed. as well. Latest drivers too, but I just recently updated my drivers, and haven't had any change since, at least none I'm aware of!

deevee ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 10:12 PM

Thanks for all you help. I did download the current drivers before but lost them when I had to redo my disk. I reinstalled them and thing appear to be back to normal. I have plant to upgrade the Graphics card as soon as I am through with this house. All the best, stay safe and healthy. Joe.(deevee)

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 3:28 AM

Good to hear all's back to normal!

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 4:10 AM

I'd hate to sound like the "contrary" guy, but I always had much problems with my GeForce cards and Vue. The one that I had on my second desktop PC always gave me problems in the visualization of OpenGL previews, which I had to disable (and I'm speaking of Vue 4 Pro not of Vue 5 Infinite, which also had problems with it but is more recent software, so it could be more understandeable), until finally I dumped it last month and got an ATI Radeon card which works perfectly. Same with my laptop, I bought one with a GeForce in it and I am regretting my choice everyday I turn the laptop on and start Vue. It scrambles my OpenGL preview, although not as bad as the desktop PC card. On this computer I am writing with, which I had to upgrade recently due to motherboard crash, I have installed a new ATI Radeon whcih is a dream and very fast. From now on, for me, only ATI Radeon cards, at least until Vue will remain my main 3D landscape program (which is going to be for a long time). Orio

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 4:47 AM

This is all very strange, Nvidia working wonders for some, and pretty bad for others. Maybe there's a tight connection between all computer components that makes things work or not, so Geforce will work nicely on my machine, and only ATI will do the job on Orio's.

Vertecles ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 4:53 AM · edited Thu, 15 September 2005 at 4:54 AM

Its all about the drivers people.
Update your drivers before you lay blame.

Message edited on: 09/15/2005 04:54

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 5:59 AM

Vertecles, I have spent my life with GeForce cards doing nothing but helplessly updating drivers. Then I don't want to make a general statement that GeForce cards are not good for Vue. I am only reporting my own experience. Everyone can use this information as they wish.

Renderonesio ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2005 at 8:39 PM

I hold an opinion the same as your Orio.I had a Nvidia graphic card, and it worked out for me very badly.the Open GL Crashing. At present I have a Ati radeon 9000 and it works out for me very well

deevee ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2005 at 8:52 PM

Thanks folks for your information on the various cards. I guess I will have to see what is available locally or wait until my next visit up North. After installation of the new drivers it appears to be working as it should. Stay safe and healthy!

liquid2021 ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2005 at 8:52 PM

you guys are not kiddin , any version of vue crashes hidiously and suffers terrible open gl probs for me and always has whilst using nvidia chip based cards regardles of drivers ,i spend an age searching for a compatible set of drivers to use with it but i hate to say it guys but imo there is no such thing, i was trying to run vue 5 infinate on winxp pro with a gforce 128ddr card and it was totally unusable. i must of loaded ten different driver packs and nothing solved it other than admitting defeat and going ati ! since tried to sort out a similar situation for a friend who was running winxp and vue 4 pro on nvidia and it was the same old story ,we tried in vain again with different drivers until i had to admit a second beating and give in ! he now uses an ati card with no props at all as i do myself. just my ten cents !!

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 5:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12377&Form.ShowMessage=2410597

If you're using an nVidia GeForce card, I can recommend downloading RivaTuner - you can fool nVidia and Windows into believing it's a regular Quadro. I did this with my 6800LE, which resulted in vastly improved OpenGL performance. The Quadro drivers are much, much better than the Geforce drivers when it comes to OpenGL, and now my graphics card uses these Quadro drivers. I'm rather happy with the results. See the attached link on how to do it (and thanks to andytw!)

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 5:23 PM

Looks great, but I'm very shy when it comes to modifying graphic cards. If it doesn't work for me, can I just go back to the previous state? Hmmm.... Besides, I find my openGL performances rather good with my geforce 6800GT, whether with Infinite or Cinema 4D.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.