Thu, Sep 19, 5:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Staff picks posted :-)

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 4:39 PM

so is the staff picking blueberries or something?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 4:40 PM

Well, today, they feel like raspberries g

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 6:42 PM

Excessively evil creature that I am: "LawnDartLawnDart wrote: "Thanks for the negativity. You can always be counted on." That was a personal attack, LawnDartLawnDart and as such, completely unnecessary. Let's keep this forum thread civil, please." 1 - It wasn't a personal attack. It was a personal insinuation that requires effort on the part of the reader to make assumtpions about the motviations and behaviors of the two parties involved to reach the level of an attack. 2 - This thread is civil. at least, until now :)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 7:00 PM

"I think having the option to view postworked images or not is a decent one in theory, but in practice it's not so simple. If I composited shadows, as in my previous example, using the P6 shadows-only render option, would I be obligated to post my resulting image with a "postwork" tag, putting it in the same lot as all the "paint over" works?" there will never be a be-all end-all way to define and seperate the two, as at the end of the day it comes down to human action. the ticking of a "Postworked" option would be totally up to the artist. I do alot of images with no post processing at all, and I do alot with simple color balance, screen etc. these I would tick said option. regardless wheather anyone thinks it would work or not, whats the harm with adding it in? if the default gallery view is not effected by this option, those who feel it doesnt/wont work properly can ignore it, and those who wish to use it can.

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 4:10 AM

"Does it look okay now? Some form of cross-browser weirdness, what can I say!" Karen, it looks fine now, thanks for the change :-)

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 4:18 AM

The top images name shouldnt have been changed just because a few people took it too literally. This kind of pedantry isnt needed here or anywhere else in my opinion.

templargfx ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 4:40 AM

too literally? how else can you take "Top Images" it means only one thing, and changing it WAS THE RIGHT THING. as the staff themselves said thats not what they are....

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 5:53 AM

They could have changed it to "staff`s top images". It just seems pointless to me for the name to be changed, no one is likely to look at the pictures expecting them to be the best pictures ever or even the best poser pictures ever.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 5:59 AM

to me, when it syat "top images, staff top images, or similar, it means exactly that ... these are the images the staff here thinks are the best of the ones they've viewed. When it says "staff picks", it is sorta like the book store, these are the staff recommendations, but not necessarily the TOP images.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 6:26 AM

As I said most people will realize that they are not ALL the top images.

templargfx ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 6:54 AM

Hence the change of the button

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 3:27 PM

I meant that even if they were called top images that most people would realize that they are not all the top images.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 5:47 PM

ah. now I get it ... just some of the top images

alexic ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2005 at 3:14 PM

Hey, it's their site, everyone has favorite artists, favorite pics, but I'm interested in what the staff thinks too. And I personally think they are picking some good works, a variety of styles and some of my favorite artists here. They don't call themselves critics, but they look at a lot of images here, and I respect that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.