Mon, Oct 7, 7:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: V2 to V3?

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 2:28 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 6:02 AM

Hi folks. Another question. I have a nice character designed for V2. Now I need it but because a lot of matters I want to use V3. There is anyway to import the V2 face and body settings to V3 (obviously the character couldnt be exactly the same but as near as possible)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 5:23 PM

Not happening :-) different meshes completely at best you can convert the textures from v2 -v3 using UTC and whatever clothing with wardobe wizard. but the face ??.....no you have to "recreate" it using V3's INJ/REM/CHAN/VIS DELTA blah blah blah blah.....

My website

YouTube Channel

nickedshield ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 5:55 PM

Go to netherworks and get the and check the hybrids. I'm pretty sure there is one with v2 head on v3 body. Then you could use MorphManager to copy the v2 head morphs over to it.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 6:50 PM

You can convert the textures using UTC, as wolf359 said. If you created your character by spinning dials, you can get an approximation of the same character in V3 by injecting the identically named morphs into V3 and setting all dials identical to the corresponding V2 dials. It won't be perfect, and there may be some parameters on V2 that do not have a matching one on V3, but it'll get you close. If you created your character by using magnets - and if you have saved those magnets! - you can apply the same magnets to V3, which will again get you an approximation. But if you created your character by modifying the mesh in a modeling app, or if you don't have the magnets anymore, there's no way to copy or transfer the morphs in an easy way.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My galleryย ย ย My freestuff

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 7:01 PM

I found with the dials if you inject the morphs and then do a copy and paste from the V2 - you get close, then you can tweak it from there. Well at least that worked for me with M2 - M3

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzย ย  3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 7:29 PM

The tailor might be able to copy the face if you use v2 as the figure with morphs and v3 as the clothing item, but it will take a long time to do the conversion and it wont be an exact copy, obviously.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2005 at 10:47 PM ยท edited Sun, 25 September 2005 at 10:50 PM

Just wondering if you could use Shapeshifter to place V2 head on V3 body? If so then you could have your characters head shape and just have to redo the body shape again. The Shapeshifter script is located at the bottom of this links page. http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

Message edited on: 09/25/2005 22:50

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 1:41 AM

Thanks, folks. No I dont want a hybrid. Ive created some V2Head_V3Body and usually I dont like the results... the neck needs postwork, and is a mess because the head uses a V2 textures and the body a V3 one Finally, the handy job... I created two poses, one for body and the other one for the head; I converted the texture V3 to V2 with UTC; I injected all the body/head morphs and applied the saved poses; I reviewed what morphs needed manual adjusts; and finally I saved the head and body as morph target. ALMOST is the same character... V2 and V3 have differences, so I think is impossible the identical same look... but V3 looks like her big sister now :D Question: anyone has a V3 morph to give her head the shape of V2? Morph I said, not frankesteining

CASETTE
=======

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 4:36 AM

Just FYI but "shapeshifter" only works on the unimess figures but inthis case it seems your only viable option is to load V3's "Injections" and start dial turning good luck :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

stahlratte ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 12:06 PM

"Morph I said, not frankesteining"

Umm, whats wrong with Mr Yamatos TenTenV3 ?
(Here with the default Vicky2 head morph)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She comes with an already matched texture but as you can see takes other combined textures as well.

Straight PP render without postwork.

stahlratte

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 1:05 PM

wolf, i don't think that's true. i believe (though i haven't tried it) that shapeshifter works only with same mesh figures. so v3/aiko/m3/s3/hiro/freak/aeon all can shift. but so can v2/ptg/ptb/psg/psb, etc., i think. so if say you wanted a thin, kinda bishonen version 2 character, you could transfer the pre-teen boy's head to v2, then use one of the free male morphs for v2 out there. or, conversely, put v2's head on the pre-teen girl's body, as several people have made (very) adult morphs for her and she seems to have the most realistic hip/pelvic bone structure out there. i remember someone posting some wip pics of a "real woman" character for the ptg, and it was incredible. it's also where they talked about a woman's pelvis, how it's shaped and oriented, and what's wrong with all the vickies in this respect. the difference in the hips was really noticible. it put her center of gravity in the right place.

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 3:25 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Nah, only that I wanted to find a morph to use an entire unimesh with the V2 head shape Nothing wrong with Mr Yamatos TenTenV3, Ive used her already http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=688193 http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=687626

CASETTE
=======

DaQuestioner ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 9:03 PM

Can someone please tell me where one can get Yamato's TenTenV3 from? Thanks.

stahlratte ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2005 at 1:06 AM

Attached Link: http://www.juno.dti.ne.jp/~yamato-k/Penthousecollection.html

Follow the link to Yamatos site and youll find two tutorials to make TenTen V3 (Vicky2 head on Vicky 3 body) and TenTen P5 (Vicky2 head on Judys body).

stahlratte

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.