Mon, Sep 9, 10:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: OT Where Lyne (Lyne's Creations) has gone...Kitty update

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 12:48 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 8:36 PM

Still nursing sick kitties.... 16 year old Travis cat has had a really rough (scary!) time with the viral cold (that cats get from being in shelters) he caught from our new Nicki cat... Nicki is well and staying that way, gaining weight and only is fighting an ear infection/ear mites which we have new medication for now (that this super human strength cat does NOT like, and leaves us wishing there was a straight jacket for cats! - yes we do wrap in towl!) .... but back to Travis - he still has to have two daily humidifier treatments, locked in our small bathroom, a day to try and clear his sinuses (cold went to sinus infection), and continues on the strongest anti-biotics! He JUST THIS MORNING actually PLAYED for a few minutes with Nick's toys... a happy thing to see... his appetite has picked up, though now for his "old age" tummy he needs food that is easy to digest and medication for that (probably forever) - the same "irritable bowel syndrome" humans get... but his Mommy is willing to do ANYTHING to get him healthy and feeling well, including mix bottled water in this special canned food to make "soup" so he will drink/eat it! (he hates eating sticky canned food, and cannot have dry food anymore). Still no pictures as it takes ALL and MORE of my energy to just do feedings, cat box cleanings, and medications (with hubby's help of course...I can't even lift the humidifier to fill, empty and clean daily)... it is taking a great toll on my health and muscles... shoulder etc.. but I keep at it... and while I was at first feeling so guilty that I brought illness to Travis, I think Nicki is just THE BEST cat for Travis and for us... he is so respectful and caring of Travis...he lays by the bathroom door with a sad big eyed look the entire 20 minutes Travis is being "humidified" in there!! He trys gently to play with the old man...and just yesterday I saw them both sitting SIDE BY SIDE at the open window for a few minutes! Progress! Most of my days are NOT on the computer :( at all... just watching TV resting, getting myself fed and cat care... but I see the light at the end of the furry tunnel now... Travis still sneezes and the vet doctor is only 3 blocks away if needed...but I think it's just work hard with the meds, treatments and make sure he gets enough liquids and maybe in a week more??? I miss the computer (Still shop a bit on line!) and I want to do artistic stuff..but that will have to wait on my little angels... Angels.. hmm... well one could say that Nicki is part Tarzan, superman...and angel.. he is super strong, bounces off walls and yet is brilliantly smart, he is so trainable he could be a movie cat! He listens... I say No, and he will stop and make a "oh poo!" kind of meow! It's very funny... He is very talkative... though he is a brown tabby, he acts like part Abyssinian and Siamese! LOL!! I think it is a miracle that this very loving, smart little boy has come into our lives all the way from a shelter in Kingman, Arizona, to San Diego, CA.... cold or not! OH and for those that asked... no, sorry no Nicki map coming... I can barely keep up with life as it is daily... and he looks so like Travis but for NO white...and very short hair... it is driving me crazy that I can't get photos yet...but that will come.... Okay... must stop typing and go get the humidifier going... Lyne Lyne's Creations

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 1:08 PM

Ahhh, you sound like a great kitty Mommy!!!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

anniemation ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 1:48 PM

Good luck Lyne! Shelter kitties can be the most awesome cats :)

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 4:27 PM
Forum Moderator

Good luck with your sick little kittie. You and your hubbie are good people for going the extra mile to nurse a sick cat.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2005 at 11:08 PM

Gee, I know how tired you must be. I had to care for one sick, old doggy. Poor thing had arthritis real bad. Then he took some sort of seizure due to Mom having to be away from him for several hours one day. Got so he couldn't do much more than lift his head. I had to carry him from her room to the front room each day and back each night plus carry food, meds and water to him. Finally got my Sis to come and take him to a vet. But he couldn't be saved, he was dying so vet gave him a painless ending. We still have two kittys and they are fine at present but getting on in years. Take care of yourself too and I hope both your kittys get much better.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 1:17 AM

I hope travis gets well soon.

Turtle ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2005 at 6:28 AM

Bordetella is what Felines get in Kennels, same as Kennel Bark-Cough in Dogs. I bought my Siamese Kitty and she had this Bordella Bactria. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ dollars over her first year. Finally I talked the Vet. into trying a human antibiotic. This worked!!! Ceci is 2 now and no longer coughs or sneezes. Ceci is the only Kitty I ever bought from a breeder. My past Kitty's were all free. Hugs to you Lyne, I know how awful it is when our Kitty's are sick. Hope you get feeling better too.

Love is Grandchildren.

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2005 at 5:59 PM

Today I actually decided that Travis did not need to be "humidified" again... I am sure he appreciates that... he only sneezed once but pretty sure he is on the mend... Travis is and has been taking the strongest dose of antibiotic he is allowed (whole pill, Nicki half) at the very start of the viral illness.. it is/was to take care of the secondary infections- lungs and sinus that can develope really fast... I am very glad we have a GREAT vet! Now if Nicki could just do his sumersaults STRAIGHT instead of going really wonky in the air and stop landing with claws out, on my feet and legs as he whirls around... ! (I brought my betadine medication tube to keep downstairs for now!)... :) By the way, he also chases his tail quite a lot... it's hysterical! :) Thanks for all your kind words..what would we do without our furry friends! (camera battery charging now!) Lyne

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2005 at 3:04 PM

AWWW! I wish your babies all the best! And a big hug and meowrr from Germany...

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 8:58 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lynescreations.com/travnick.htm

I have gotten picture crazy for those that want to see him and Travis (they are well now)... shoulder is mad for so many photos and pages built, but just 'had' to! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.