Mon, Oct 7, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: FreeStuff Moderators: Partkit 1 - Eyes | (127Mb) is invalid

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2005 at 3:23 PM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 12:12 PM

This item is a site link which goes to a file not on the server. After clicking to the 'download' page, I get this when attempting to download:

Not Found
The requested URL /projects/partkit1/partkit1-full.zip was not found on this server.

Why is it in FreeStuff? Added: Oh, I see. You are expected to click the image under "Photo Reference" and download each image individually after clicking each 'sample' thumb image. Not very clear...

Message edited on: 09/28/2005 15:32

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Robo2010 ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2005 at 5:01 PM

I get the same problem.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2005 at 5:33 PM · edited Wed, 28 September 2005 at 5:34 PM

A little misleading. All 48 images are there, but you have to click the image of the 'Eye' where it says "Partkit 1" and "Free". Then you'll see a bunch of thumbnails (eye1 thru eye48). Clicking on each one loads the full sized image that you can save ("Save Image As..." with browser). ETA: I guess that the 'full' zip isn't available for one reason or another. [shrug]

Message edited on: 09/28/2005 17:34

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

steerpike ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2005 at 6:01 PM

Using a download manager with batch facilities (eg Free Download Manager) will make things easier. Tell it to start at

http://stefan.imageafter.com/projects/partkit1/image/eye1.jpg

and stop at

http://stefan.imageafter.com/projects/partkit1/image/eye48.jpg

and it'll get all the images automatically.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2005 at 8:52 PM

Dios mio! That guy is going to have a big bandwidth problem, if everybody uses their download managers to get all 127 MB.

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2005 at 10:29 PM

There's also a free male photo reference set there. I think it was 220 megs. Yeah, I imagine the bandwidth will be pretty high. ;)

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2005 at 2:06 AM

It has been fixed now and you can download the full 127mb zip file. Due to the size of the file I will probably only pick certain ones using the view option instead of the download(127Mb WOW! That would take me over 8hours to download with dialup)

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2005 at 2:18 AM

Theres a lot of dead links at freestuff and I dont find any email or pm to report them... dunne graphics had fine backgrounds but their website dissappeared

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

chrislenn ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2005 at 2:20 AM

I contacted creator there was mistake in file name all is fixed now

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2005 at 1:24 PM

Rafa, IM me if you find freestuff has disappeared. I periodically go through it for broken links but it's like painting the Forth Bridge... once you've finished one end, you have to start back at the beginning again. I removed over 1000 broken items from poser freestuff last year ;-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.