Sun, Oct 6, 4:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: DxO Optics Pro 3.0

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 3:16 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dxo.com/en/photo/home/default.php

file_294511.JPG

This image was postworked (thank you, [nathalie06](http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=nathalie06) !) with **DxO Optics Pro 3.0** (see the link), just doing an automatic correction on the dark zones...

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 3:17 PM

file_294512.JPG

Here is the version postworked manually by [nathalie06](http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=nathalie06) (when she was at my home in Belgium) with Adobe PhotoShop 7.0 Although she was doing it very fast just before going out for our last dinner together, I really think she did an excellent job !

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 3:19 PM

file_294513.JPG

And here is the original picture (resized) taken with my Nikon at the North sea (August 14th, 19:28) What do you think ? Is DxO Optics a worthwhile purchase ? (with the filters for my lenses it will be over the 200 ! ) [ Luminous-landscapes](http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/software/optics-pro.shtml) thinks it is remarkable Of course, this software does much more than correcting images captured in bad light conditions it is said to be useful for correcting major optical faults: Distortion Vignetting* Blur (lack of sharpness) Lateral chromatic aberration

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: old thread - DxO

I started a thread on this a short while back, follow the link to see what was said. In short, if you can afford it, then yes, it looks worth it to me! :)

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2005 at 8:53 PM

Mmmmmh!! Dunno the software so I can't give any advice but what I can say here is that I prefer Nathalie's version over the DXO one! Just my 2 pennies worth! ;) Gonna have a look at that link now!

nathalie06 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 9:17 AM

Thank your Pascale.... It's a difficult shot and to make it more luminous isn't easy. I'm not using Photoshop as well as some of you but the result is interesting with this photo of Michel. And it was a pleasure to try to do something on it with him. I've buy the program DXO Optic pro when I've buy my Nikon D70S, and I haven't use is so much because I miss the time to do it. But I think he give excellent results in difficult situation of luminosity. I'll send you some exemple with some shots and you'll see what I meen. Sorry for my always so bad english and for all the mistakes ;-o((((( Have an excellent week-end everybody. And thank you Michel ! The photography of this beach is a wonder !!!! Hugsssssssssssssss

nathalie06 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 9:19 AM

file_294514.JPG

Dont look the sky... who is burned by the sun. I take some difficult shot and bad ones to make you see what this program can do. Then that's the original version, in the ruins of the Abbey of Villers in Belgium.

nathalie06 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 9:20 AM

file_294515.JPG

and then the same photography correct by DXO Optic Pro 3.0. What do you think about ?

nathalie06 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 9:25 AM

file_294516.JPG

Another exemple with bad luminosity..... original shot :

nathalie06 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 9:28 AM

file_294517.JPG

And the same version corrected. I think this program offer excellent result. But I must learn to use it well.... for now I just let him work in automatic way, I'm shure as I tell to Michel that with a manual way to use it he can do better ! Have a nice week-end everybody. Hugs. Nathalie

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 10:34 AM

WOW!! Now I'm impressed indeed!!! O_O Thx for showing us these Nathalie! I'm definitely going to consider it!! :)

nathalie06 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 10:45 AM

Pascale, if you want to have more technical details about this program, go to see the informations on the official website : http://www.dxo.com/fr/corporate/home/default.php I'm shure than it's an excellent product for the photographers. He made so many corrections, useful before using Photoshop or other programs. Hugsssssssss

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 11:03 AM

I already checked it out Nathalie! ;) hehe!! Thx and hugs back at ya! :D

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 10:26 AM

Very impressive. Perhaps a tad too illuminated, but still, very good for presets. I'm sure with adjustment it can be made to look a bit more natural.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

thesymphonyofthelife ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 4:34 PM

Ah donc voilpar l'image quoi sert ce fameux logiciel que je vois partout dans les pages de moin magazine photo. Merci pour l'info par l'image. A bient Christophe

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.