Thu, Sep 19, 10:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: 3d World Magazine issue#67

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 2:27 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 9:43 AM

Well, I thought I ordered a back issue of 3D World magazine with the Vue Infinite tutorial in it..... but last week I received a check for 8 pounds from the publishing company as a refund so I guess it's not available afterall. Bummer especially since I don't think I can cash this check without converting it to USdollars some how. At the time I ordered it I could have bought a copy from eBay... but now that I've waited for over a month for this one, all the extra copies are probably already sold.

Anyone have any other ideas on where I can find a copy of that magazine or at least the tutorial? My searches aren't finding anything.

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

DMM ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 2:37 PM

If there's no way to get this tutorial, then I suppose there's no harm in someone (me for example) scanning it and emailing it to you. You tried every other alternative. Let me see if I can find it though first :D

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 3:29 PM

I've got the tutorial and files from the actual CD from that issue, so if you want, I guess I could email it to you. Don't bother with the scan, DMM. Is this legal? ;) Also, have either of you seen a copy of the next issue, #69 anywhere? Is it even out yet? I'm in Canada, btw. I can't find it, and it's already almost half-way into October. No store I go to has it. :(

"Walk down the right back alley in Sin City, and you can find anything."

DMM ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 3:54 PM · edited Mon, 10 October 2005 at 3:57 PM

#69?

I got #71 the other day. I subscribe and live in the UK, but still 2 issues behind seems tough.

And yes - strictly speaking scanning & emailing would be ilegal, but seeing as he's done everything he can to do it legitimately... well I suppose he could email them and get permission to do it in the face of no other alternative.

Message edited on: 10/10/2005 15:57

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 4:20 PM

Wait, but on the bottom of Issue #68 (the batman one), it says it is the September issue - how can you possibly be at the December issue? I'm confused.

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 4:38 PM

Well, I really don't want to get anyone in trouble. Besides while searching to see if I could find a copy of #69 for Eliminster I found a lead on the one I wanted. If that doesn't work out, since I can't really cash this check I wonder if I offer to distroy it uncashed they'd let me receive an e-mailed copy of the tutoral. Thanks for the offers! I'll keep ya posted. Meanwhile I'll see if I can find issue #69 for Eliminster.

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 5:35 PM

I would be interested as well in that tutorial. Anything to get me started. Marque

thomllama ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 5:43 PM

I Just 10 Mins ago purchased the Nov issue #70 Borders books is the only place local for me to fin d it, and it's VERY speratic when they have it. there is One place the UK and europe has over the USA Magazines are WAY better there!! US mags are all ads no real info... te UK ones are full on tutorials and stuff... I like them a lot better than these printed here.

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

Becco_UK ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 6:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.computerarts.co.uk/3dworld

There are many tutorials at the 3DWorld site. Maybe there is something of use there. At one time they used to sell the old tutorials but don't know if they still do.

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 6:28 PM

Thanks man, but I still wonder how DMM got the December issue - and for that matter, how thomllama got the November one. It's not November yet! I guess the only way to really get them on time is to subscribe. Hmmmmm

Becco_UK ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 6:38 PM

3DWorld along with many other monthly mags always shows the month following its publication. Here in the UK the November issue comes out tomorrow in the shops. Subscribers probabably get theirs a little earlier. Me? I take a local newsagents for mine.

DMM ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 6:52 PM

Well, all I can tell you that my #71 does indeed say December 2005 on it, and that it has the XBox logo rendered in 3D on the cover. Perhaps they're going to take a month off? :D OR... they're going to put out a Christmas special, sort of the best tuts of 2005 or something.

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 8:00 PM

Ah. I see. Still, 2.5 months in advance is a bit excessive. Out of curiosity, what's on the CD for #71, DMM?

DMM ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2005 at 8:21 PM

DAZ Studio demo, 5 high-quality aircraft models, Cinema 4D 9.5 demo, Lightwave texture video tutorial, freebie textures. Not much of interest (for me anyway) but some good stuff in the mag.

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 6:35 AM

Cool stuff.

niandji ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 2:07 PM

Tried to get Eran Dinur to rewrite that tutorial for C3D, but 3DW hold the rights - so without a huge rake of money, it's a no-no.

On the positive side, 3DW say that the Cerro Verde tutorial will soon be available at 3Dworlds site to download for a small fee.

Dennis445 ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 4:40 PM

DAZ Studio Demo? Its free.

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 6:42 PM

Ya, but so is the Infinite demo and the Svenart models from August, and the Endorphin LE demo from September - it's just easier on CD, I guess.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.