Tue, Oct 1, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Fed Up With Lights - Seeking Help

Invidia ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 9:50 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 3:33 AM

Esteemed Poser Colleagues and Friends: You aren't going to believe me when I tell you that I've been using Poser for 3 years now and I still haven't resolved this basic problem, but it's time for me to make a confession: I am beyond aggrivated with light sets that have 30 bazillion lights in them because I don't know how to delete them - except one at a time. That's right, I've been deleting lights by hand for three years and I'm finally tired enough of it that I'm ready to ask for help. How is it that Poser is in its sixth release now and there still isn't a "Delete All Lights" button?! (Or am I just missing some obvious button that's been there in the interface all along?) Please tell me what I'm doing wrong before I have to be hospitalized for insanity and carpal tunnel syndrome from deleting thousands of lights for hours at a time. Ahhhhhhhhh . . . . . --Invidia

ssween ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 9:56 AM

can't check as I'm at work, but have at look in the Python scripts that ship with Poser - I 99% sure there's a 'delete all lights' one under one of the tabs

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 10:09 AM

Search the freestuff for ockham's light panel. It will delete, change or swap from raytrace to depth map any light in the scene, including multiple selections. Works fine with P5 or 6.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 11:52 AM

Poser 5 doesn't seem to have that script but Poser 6 does. Which version are you using? I assume its 6. From the main menu choose Window/Python Scripts. In the Python Scripts window click "Utility Funcs" Then click "Delete all lights". It will ask you to confirm before doing it. If you don't have it, put this in a file and run it: import poser for l in poser.Scene().Lights(): l.Delete()

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

stallion ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 1:06 PM

also do a search for "reset lights" in free stuff and there are a couple there as well

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

Countach ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 10:51 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/

Ockham does have a DeleteLights.py script. Follow the link and scroll down, they're not listed alphabetically. I share your frustration with light management. Prior to P5 and this script I was pulling my hair out.

linkdink ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 1:24 AM

So the delete lights scripts actully work for you folks? Mine is very inconsistent, and often corrupts my .pz3.... I've tried several versions of Ockham's and the one that comes with P6.

Gallery

Invidia ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 8:23 PM

Thanks everyone for your advice and your help. Now I'm having just one other problem - the same problem that linkdink seems to be having. The script that I have seems to be locking up my computer and not really working quite right. How is it that Curious Labs has the nerve to even ship this product with such a glaring error in it? I mean, they've had plenty of opportunity to fix this by now. I'm really angry that I have given them hundreds of my hard-earned dollars over the years and they can't even fix something so basic as this. Of all the no-lights scripts out there, which one are you guys having the best luck with? I am ready to pull out my hair here.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 8:33 PM

I don't bother deleting lights. I use premade lights and try many before I settle on the one I want to use. What I applied and don't use, I just leave. I wouldn't know what to delete or keep, so it's just safer to leave everything.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

linkdink ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 10:35 PM

Acadia, the real problem I'm having -- which leads me to try the delete lights scripts -- is occassionaly I will apply a lightset, and instead of correctly replacing the previous set, it seems to result in some kind of combination of the two light sets, with some lights not properly turned on/off.

Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 10:38 PM

Sometimes I get total blackness when I apply lights over lights. But I just keep clicking away with other light sets until one works. Not optimal, but it's the only way I know.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.