Sun, Oct 6, 5:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: PhilC's Clothing Creator: A-Max?

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 7:40 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:47 PM

The product page for PhilC's Clothing Creator doesn't appear to indicate what figures it will work with specifically, although it does say "practically any" Poser figure. Does anyone who has the plugin know if it can be used effectively to create dynamic clothing for Apollo Maximus?

KDoug ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 8:06 PM ยท edited Tue, 11 October 2005 at 8:06 PM

Dynamic clothing should be usable with any character. You just have to start out your cloth simulation so that the figure is lined-up within the clothing and there is nothing poking through the clothing mesh.

Message edited on: 10/11/2005 20:06

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2005 at 8:25 PM

Yes, any figure. Even the four armed Glurp character if you look on the page. I have included a number of premade figure templates for convenience but you are not constrained to those. On screen video tutorials and illustrated help pages are provided to show how to make your own. I am in fact working on a small update that will make it easier to create the depth maps.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 5:27 AM

"I am in fact working on a small update that will make it easier to create the depth maps." That would be nice.

mkmike ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 7:12 AM

Actually Clothing Creator was number 1 on my "have to have" list from Phil's store, but I don't know why I've already bought the others (WW and Puppet Master) and left this one out. Is it easy to use? Can it create complex clothing such as multi-layer clothing or armor? Thanks :)

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 7:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/ClothingCreator.htm

The best thing to do is to check out the examples on the page. All were created using the Clothing Creator. Other than UVMapper no third party modeling application was used on any of them. It is what it is. It does not pretend to be a high level modeler, it was designed as a way to create quick and simple clothing. The Glurp outfit took about 20 minutes. On screen video tutorials are included showing how to use it.

mkmike ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 10:18 AM

Thank you, Phil :) My 3D modeling skill is way beyond zero, but I would love to do some clothings on my own. Let's say for your freebie cloth for the girl, if I want to put some collar on top of the top piece, could I be able to do it with this program? Thanks

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 11:44 AM

Yes you can build up layers. You are not restricted to the normal figure templates. The Judy bride example contains many components that just started off as a plain circle template. Another thing to remember is that Poser 5 and 6 has displacement mapping. You can effectively use that to raise collars and pockets above the surrounding cloth. You can get quite creative.

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 11:53 AM

Thanks very much Phil and everyone else for your helpful answers. I was playing with Phil's sari for Aiko 3 a couple of nights ago and something went "bingo!" The reason I'd asked about A-Max is because I was curious if his non-standard default pose would be an issue, but considering that the item I have in mind is only a tank top t-shirt, probably not. OK, I'm off to make a purchase... :-)

bjbrown ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 2:25 PM

I don't know what the update for the depth maps will be like, but actually the depth maps for the clothes created on your page were made in a third-party app (Max?). The work-around of using Poser depth-cuing to make the depth maps just doesn't cut it. Though I like many of Phil's products, I wasn't very impressed with the clothing creator. I think one is better off with a free 3D modeling program.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 4:19 PM

file_296193.jpg

Yes it is not going to suit everyone. I tried to put enough examples and information on the page to give a fair representation. Here is an example of the depth map that I was able to make in Poser using the update. Click the new Python depth map button ----> export the image ----> Desaturate and invert black to white in Photoshop.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 4:24 PM

That looks better than what I wa getting. When do we get the update. Am I the only one that doesn't have a copy of Photoshop, legal/illegal copy?

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 4:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.gimp.org/

I expect the update to be out tomorrow. I'm just double checking the help pages to ensure that they are all consistent with the update. As an alternative to Photoshop try Gimp, its free.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 6:09 PM ยท edited Wed, 12 October 2005 at 6:10 PM

Cool, I'll be waiting.

I was joking about the Photoshop. I have PSP8.1,Gimp2 and Painter9. Bases are pretty much covered. LOL.

Message edited on: 10/12/2005 18:10

mkmike ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 7:55 PM

Thank you so much, Phil. I'll stop by your store today for sure to purchase Clothing Creator :P I'm sure I'll have so much fun playing with it like the others of your products. :P Hazame

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2005 at 7:58 PM

"...Another thing to remember is that Poser 5 and 6 has displacement mapping. You can effectively use that to raise collars and pockets above the surrounding cloth." Is there anywhere a tutorial out there? I would like to do exactly that but never used the displacement feature before... Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.