Thu, Sep 19, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need some 3d numbers....any idea where they are

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 2:17 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 1:22 PM

A friend is about to achieve that big 60, and has requested a special "chohole" type image to help celebrate the day. I know that there are some 3d alphabets and numbers around, but not sure where to find them. Does anyone have any idea? I think I need actual 3d models, because I want them to interact with some poser people. Thanks for any help

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 3:16 AM
UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 4:00 AM
Forum Moderator

Can't you make them with the text tool in Photoshop, then import to the terrain editor as greyscale?

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 5:10 AM

Good point, Dan, though you have to really bump up the resolution to avoid getting jagged edges.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 8:28 AM

Attached Link: Logo

Wings has a text option. That's how I made my logo.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 10:45 AM

Thanks for the ideas. Phil I am a modelophobic. Probably a cowards way out, but they do say you can't teach old dogs new tricks, so I will stick to not doing modelling.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 11:18 AM

you don't have to model them in WIngs. Just right-click, choose the text option, check the box, and enter your phrase. Only hard part is you have to know the name of the ttf file. When you're done, it pops out in 3d..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 12:57 PM

Elefont finds the installed font files. :-) Not all the fonts might work, cause it uses only TTF, AFAIK. BTw, Jay, no need to up the resolution, just blur the text in Photoshop a little.

-- erlik

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 4:21 PM

Gee Pam, if the thought of using Wings, or Elefont makes you leery just tell me what TrueType font you want and what you want it to say and I'll Email you the 3d letters and numbers, no prob.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2005 at 7:38 PM

and for that matter..there's more free font sites out there than Trek sites (and that's saying a lot..;)

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2005 at 1:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.fontgarden.com/

I think I may have a go with elefont......I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for the offer Danamo. As to Fonts......I have so many downloaded and installed you just wouldn't believe.....its just a question of working out which one to use. My favourite free font site is Fontgarden, not so much for the fonts as to the way he demonstrates them. Check it out

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2005 at 10:32 AM

yeah, I would..I've got about 3,000 or so..;)

Swade ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2005 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Form.Contrib=jchurst1&Topsectionid=0

jchurst1 has some that are like what you are looking for I believe...... Letters and numbers.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Swade ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2005 at 4:16 PM

Attached Link: http://hometown.aol.com/roch222/

roch222 also has some at their website.... hope it helps you out some Chohole

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 6:54 AM

file_296454.jpg

I had found those 2 Swade, plus some poser ones from maclean over at 3dcommune. The first one, and macleans one, are such standard fonts. Roch's ones are a better font, but no numbers. Its the big 60 that's the most important. This is my try with elefont. Trouble is I can't import these into poser, and I wnted to make some figs to go with them...sort of carrying them or something.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.