Wed, Sep 18, 1:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Is there a phyton script for ...

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2005 at 1:55 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:14 PM

Hello folks :) yesterday i worked on an image with poser 6 and two things came into my mind which could be very useful and I want to ask if anyone knows whether there are scripts for it :) 1) For two of the figures I had to deactivate "Cast Shadows" and I have to switch it for every bodypart separately and it was a very annoying work :) Is there anywhere a script outthere which could deactivate the shadows for all parts of a figure (or checked parts) with one click? 2) For the same figures I had to change the materials in the materials room (not a texture), and again for every part of the figure and it was annoying, too. Perhaps someone knows a way to change the material of every bodypart in a quick way (maybe checked ones, too), like my question for the shadow-script :-) I would be very thankful if anyone could help me :) Thanks, Jessica

mkrueger ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2005 at 2:53 PM

file_297564.jpg

Hi! The appended script deactivates the "Cast Shadows" option of all actors of the currently selected figure. martin

Arien ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2005 at 5:05 PM

For your second question, Poserwork's ShaderSpider script at DAZ will do what you need. Alas, it isn't "free", but it is a superb little piece of scripting.

My store

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 9:50 AM

Not really useful for characters like V3 that uses more than one map, but there IS an "Apply to All" feature in the material room. What I usually do is to save one head and one body map as a MT5 file, and then apply that one to the various bodyparts. Easier than navigating to the texture over and over again but not a true 1-click solution

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 10:01 AM

at first thanks for your answers and to mike for the script :)) Than to ernyoka, where is this "apply to all" feature? I think I am blind g For the effect I want to use it is very usefull to give all parts the same Material smile To use the MT5 files it is for me a little bit complicated. I have to do the texture, than the mat file, give it to the poser-runtime... a long way to change material (and I do not know how to do a mat file blush) if I can do it with one click and change maybe the few parts that have to look another way :) Especially if I want to try different looks and materials :-) Greetings Jessica

Dizzi ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 7:01 PM

Just mark all nodes you want to apply to all materials and then right click and select apply to all...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.