Tue, Oct 22, 3:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: New magazine

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 4:17 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:48 AM

Attached Link: Ephemeris

Uses a pop up window. 3 freebies in it no membership needed pretty cool...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

vilian ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 4:21 PM

Geez, it's too difficult to view it in 800x600, and that crazy pop-up stuff makes my pop-up blocker going nuts. Sigh. I think I'll pass on this one. They could've done it in more handy way.

Outdated gallery over atย DeviantArt

Ficsย atย FanFiction.netย andย Archive of Our Own (AO3)

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 4:22 PM ยท edited Sun, 16 October 2005 at 4:23 PM

Attached Link: Cover Page (no Pop up)

could always step around the pop up...

Message edited on: 10/16/2005 16:23

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

buckzero ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 5:37 PM

Interesting reading, thanks

$0

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 6:42 PM

It says "Note that you must be logged in (and registered) to download". Any hint on what the 3 freebies are? It might be worth registering.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 7:54 PM ยท edited Sun, 16 October 2005 at 7:57 PM

I saw a Shade Tree prop (which was also the freebie available in the last newsletter) and some textures for Koshini by LadyLittleFox (don't ask me which outfit because I don't have Koshini). They also have a treasure hunt game with keys, but I didn't find any --- on the other hand, the prize is Ephemera outfit for Aiko 3, which I don't have either so there wasn't much point in me playing. I'll quit editing this message now. It's been a long day.

Message edited on: 10/16/2005 19:57

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 8:11 PM

The shade tree and Texture freebies can be downloaded within the magazine itself, and the Ephemera outfit is downloaded from a separate page you have to hunt up the links for.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 8:28 PM

Do you know if there is a way to go back to the front page without flipping through all the pages in between? I only saw a forward and back arrow...but I'm not the most observant person in the world. I like the Odd Ditty Foundry folk...their approach is fun and upbeat.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 8:30 PM

The magazine is very good.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 9:17 PM

Hover over the uper left hand corner of it -- there's a little picture there. It creates a drop down menu that lets you go to the different pages

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 10:29 PM

Thanks so much! NOW I see there's instructions on the front page. I'm really having a bad day. Appreciate the help. :)

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 1:43 AM

Thanks, I readed it tonight. Pretty cool. And THANKS THANK THANKS for the no registration way (although not foe me, I was registered at Odd Ditty). I HATE to register in a site only to obtain a freebie I need, and sadly its the common matter in the most of websites...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

akura_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 5:55 AM

has anyone seen what the dress looks like. i looked and i dont see any keys at all and i looked everywhere.

akura_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 5:58 AM

Found one. YAY

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 6:39 AM

THe dress, belt, and gloves of the set are the ones featured ont he cover of the magazine. The boots shown are a separate freestuff item at Odd Ditty Foundry (and those do require a membership to download)

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 7:16 AM

file_297693.jpg

it's a lousy render, I know -- sorry. Templates are included in the zip, too.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 9:32 AM

Haven't found one key, any hints on what to look for? Marque

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 9:37 AM

Not impressed, but thanks for the heads-up. Marque

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 10:38 AM ยท edited Mon, 17 October 2005 at 10:41 AM

It's a good start, reasonably well written and has a wide range of content.

But please lose the popups and that dumb JavaScript menu.
Navigating your way around isn't that obvious, and that scares off readers. Most serious is the floating key things, on a couple of occsaions this causes IE to crash.

Message edited on: 10/17/2005 10:41

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

akura_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 12:40 PM

i only found one.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 1:16 PM

I recall Batlabs had something similar in one of his pages. Maybe it was that time where he and several of his colleagues did "Race Queen" costumes.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 2:25 PM

Akura, They are there, hon. Not all of them are the same size, and they are hidden in things.

buckzero ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 5:06 PM

Found all 3 keys yesterday, forgot to say thanks for the freebies. While saving the pages the javascript on the in the lens caused IE to lockup several times. Thanks

$0

Connatic ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 7:02 PM

When I visit the magazine the text is white upon a tan background, impossible to read. The key search is confusing. I found one, clicked it and was taken to a forum page.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 7:08 PM

Connatic -- visit again -- there's some work going on for the next issue that affected your experience. And yes, the links may take you to a forum page where you will collect your first piece of the puzzle...

Connatic ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 7:33 PM

Thanks ynsaen, I can read it now. I'll give the treasurehunt a try, as that outfit is very nice! I want to read the VP article, as I own a bunch of their stuff.

Connatic ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 8:27 PM

I give up. I find nothing on these forum pages but headaches.

megalopuss ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2005 at 9:00 AM

Thank you

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.