Wed, Sep 25, 3:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Need help repackaging Kozaburo's hair

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 3:50 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:16 PM

I've learned my lesson regarding reinstalling Poser content and I'm currently organizing my stuff.

Kozaburo's hair is lovely but the packing job leaves much to be desired. I'm editing them to make them use consistent directories and then I'm going to rezip them.

Here's the file structure I plan to use (critique welcome):

runtime/libraries/hair/Kozaburo for prop hair
runtime/libraries/character/Kozaburo for figure hair
runtime/textures/Kozaburo for textures
ReadMe's/Kozaburo for text files

As far as I can tell the only editing I have to do to the files is the texture references. Is that correct?

Along those lines, I need help with the syntax. Should this:
textureMap ":AliceHairTX.jpg"
become this:
textureMap ":Kozaburo:AliceHairTX.jpg"

?

Also, I need some advice about the rsr files. I don't have anything that will load them - do I need to edit them? Do they reference texture files?

When I'm done I'll shoot an email to Koz so he can upload the new files if he so desires. I forget what his redistribution restrictions are but if he doesn't mind I'll upload them somewhere else if he doesn't want to host them.

Message edited on: 10/19/2005 15:55

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 4:10 PM

IMO this should work but I would add textures in front of Koz. .. There is no Problem with the rsr-files, they are similar to the PNGs. If you are using P6, I think it's the same with P5, you can delete them if you have also a png file with the same prefix. If not, P3DOExplorer from SENO-Soft, http://www.senosoft.com/softp3doDownload.php , can convert them to PNGs.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Ajax ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 4:13 PM

The syntax should be: ":Runtime:textures:Kozaburo:AliceHairTX.jpg" Correct Reference Pro will fix the references for you if you want to spend a little money and save a lot of effort. There are two types of rsr files. The ones that go with the obj files can be deleted. The ones that are found alongside the hr2 and cr2 files are just thumbnail pictures. Poser 5 and up will convert them to png the first time you look at the library in Poser. You need to keep them for Poser 4 users, since Poser 4 won't read the png thumbnails.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 4:18 PM

"The syntax should be" You're a scripter, right? I take it I can trust you on that? :D I'll take a look at CRP - does it really automate ALL the work, or do I still have to mess around with this kind of crap? If yes then I'll probably buy it.

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 4:39 PM

Hehehe, I just downloaded and opened Koz's latest, the "all back style" hair, and his structures are exactly what I'm editing repacking all the old files to. That just struck me as funny.

Ajax ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 6:47 PM

Yes you can trust me on this one :-) And yes, CRP does automate reference correction to an amazing extent. You won't have to mess with the inside of files at all. You just have to think about how you want to set the options, acording to which version of Poser you want to prepare stuff for. It fixes texture, geometry and INJ/REM references, by finding the files in your runtime and then making sure the references to them are pointing to the right place and are in the right syntax. It'll tell you if it finds two identically named files that the reference could be pointing to and ask you to choose the right one.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 7:31 PM

I believe the free CorrectReference might be all you need if it's just textures.

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 9:24 PM

Okay, thanks for all the help everyone. =)

Petunia ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2005 at 12:50 AM

Alice has the hair object file in the character library i believe, so watch that one.

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2005 at 6:53 PM

Thanks Petunia, I'll check. I seem to remember something peculiar about the Alice hair so I might've already fixed it. I just have to download the rest of Koz's files, the stuff I don't use, repackage that, and I'll be done.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.