Fri, Sep 20, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: What's the deal with the Walk Designer in the PP?

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 3:39 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:50 AM

I just tried using the Walk Designer in the ProPack version of Poser for the first time. It no longer will load ANY CR2 files ... what gives?!? Is this yet another PP bug? I noticed it says its looking for "compressed cr2" ... do all of your cr2's have to be compressed or something? -Tim

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 5:12 PM

Try looking in your preferences to see if you checked the compressed option.

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 5:13 PM

Try looking in your preferences to see if you checked the compressed option.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 5:16 PM

No I did NOT ... I expressly made sure I did NOT choose compression. Never wanted and never will want compression. Compression = slowdown. HD's are so cheap I can always buy another 40 gig HD if I run out of space. ;-)

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 5:17 PM

Speaking of the Pro Pack and oddities ... whenever I click on a library category it takes a moment and I can hear the hard drive sputter (like it's building images or something) before the thumbnails show up. WHY IS IT DOING THIS?? The regular P4 did NOT do this at all. Display was instantaneous. -Tim

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 5:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com

I think that's because PPP no longer uses RSR files and loads the PNG thumbnail previews. As for the Walk Designer thing, if you can email me all the excruciating details at docs@curiouslabs.com, I'd be happy to ask around and see if anyone else has reported this, if it's a problem, what can be done, etc. BTW, I just tried loading a walk on my Windows machine with no problem. When emailing, please include your reg. info and S/N. Anthony Hernandez Curious Labs

ScottA ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 6:59 PM

I sent an e-mail over to steve Y. about the Walk Designer bug a couple weeks ago Anthony. They should have a record of it. The first time you open a library catagory. The ProPack converts all the thumbnail .rsr's to .png format. So that takes a second or two. After that. The library should open just as fast as it always did. ScottA

nitreug ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 9:28 PM

Does it means that we can delete all RSR files?

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 9:31 PM

I believe so. Anthony

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 10:29 PM

"The first time you open a library catagory. The ProPack converts all the thumbnail .rsr's to .png format. So that takes a second or two. After that. The library should open just as fast as it always did." That's just it, it happens EVERY TIME ... not just the first time. It's really getting to be annoying, and I'm really starting to hate the Pro Pack. Why do they have to go and fix things that aren't broke?? Also, Scott, are you experiencing the same problem with it asking for compressed CR2 files only? In this day and age of mass storage at extremely low cost, why bother with compression at all?? -Tim

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 10:33 PM

Anthony: There's not much else to tell you. Basically, if you open up Walk Designer, then try load a figure file none of them show up in the drive window because it is looking for the file extension ".cr" rather than ".cr2" which I can only assume that ".cr" is the compressed format, but I don't know since I don't use it. Are you using compression? Are you using a Mac or PC? The dialogue has only one drop-down option: "Compressed Character Files (*.CR" There is is no closing ")" which I find very odd. -Tim

ScottA ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 11:24 PM

Yea. That Walk Designer thing is a bug Tim. Hopefully they didn't blow-off my e-mail and will address it in the upcoming patch. As a programmer in training. I can tell you that it's very easy to type in .CR instead of .CR2 into the code by mistake. So it should be a very easy fix for them. I don't know why your libraries would open slower Tim. I haven't heard anyone else say they had this problem. My computer is really slow. And my libraries always open a little slow. So it's hard for me to tell if there is a problem. ScottA

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 3:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com

I just emailed this thread to the folks at the home office for them to take a look at. My libraries open fine, and I have not tried loading a CR2 in my Walk Designer. Anthony Hernandez Curious Labs

jessicamanos ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 1:56 AM

I have the same problem with it saying to load a ".CR" file. There is no right parenthesis on it.....so it has the file type to open as such "Files of Type : Compressed Character Files (*.CR " So it looks like it wasnt completed, and it wont recognize .CR2 files. If there is a patch out to fix this could you please email me? Thank you.

c0mputernerd ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2002 at 2:50 PM

Has there been a patch to fix this yet? I'm really wanting to use the walk designer in my next project.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.