Tue, Oct 22, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Probably a common problem, but Im new to this

derekhhh ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 11:28 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:31 AM

file_300056.JPG

Hi, I've been having a problem when conforming objects to my scaled Aiko model. The clothes seem to do fine, but after getting the boots to fit, I run into a problem when I bend the lag. I'll explain it and attach a picture. When the knee bends, the bottom part of the boot stays on the foot, but the part of the boot which covers the calf becomes separated from Aiko. It continues pointing vertically while the lower leg is bent and is somewhat horizontal. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks very much!

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 11:57 AM · edited Fri, 28 October 2005 at 11:58 AM

Have you conformed the boot to Aiko?

Also, is the boot a figure or a prop?

Make the boot the active item in your scene and look to see if it has body parts associated with it. For example a dress has "L Shoulder", "R Shoulder", "Chest", etc. See if the boot has a "Shin" or "lower leg". If it does, you should be able to use the parameter dials to bend it back into place if there is a "bend" or "front back" dial.

Those are my only ideas.

Usually if I can't get a pair of shoes to fit, I leave the figure bare foot, or find a different pair of shoes.

Message edited on: 10/28/2005 11:58

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

derekhhh ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 12:16 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, it does hve body parts, but if I bend it to fit, then move the legs back to a standing position, it will be off again. I tried assigning the upper boot's parent to Aiko's shin, but that didn't seem to do anything. Any ideas? Thanks

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 12:43 PM

They recently issed that upgrade of Aiko. The problem was something to do with her feet and legs, wasn't it? Dunno if it would affect the fit of clothing, though.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 12:45 PM

Scaling body parts seperately kills a lot of clothing etc ... It is looking for the joint paramenter to be where it was originally, not at the y-scale 75 version of the shins.

Peelo ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 12:51 PM

Did you scale Aiko's shins? If so you need to scale the boots shins as much. Usually if you scale shins longer the shoes/boots wont fit very well, especially if you bend the things. Sometimes deleting Thighbones from the boots/shoes helps but not allways. I wouldn't recomend it either but thats what I do. I delete all the "extra" bones (hip, abs chest and all the bones that are not assigned to the figure) from the conformer and it sometimes solves the problem. Or alternatively, you could turn of bending from the thigs and hip from the boots.

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

RitaK ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 11:34 PM

normally if i am useing boots i hide the calf and foot of the figure,

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 10:23 AM

Also, if the figure has inverse kinematics, sometimes I've found that it's necessary to turn that off to deal properly with shoes and boots.

derekhhh ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2005 at 7:19 PM

Well I originally disabled all inverse kinematics. I'll look into that update for Aiko. I've also noticed, for some reason, that when I click on her head, it doesn't give me the other options for facial expressions. Unlike it did in Poser 5, it only gives me options for things like scaling. Maybe the update will fix this as well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.