Tue, Oct 22, 7:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Which Figure Do You Wish Was Better Supported

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 4:49 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:26 AM

Not sure that is in proper English but you get the idea. Which figures do you have that you really wish had better support. By that I mean more products available like clothes and hair and textures. I personally with Jessi had more support, there are some things I just can't find at all. John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 5:14 AM

After Wardrobe Wizard, the problem isn't as big as it once was, but.. James and Koji. Lovely characters, but with very little clothes and even less textures...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 5:45 AM
Site Admin

Definitely Koji, I'd like some other clothes for him other than James'. Something along the lines of Uzilite.

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 6:12 AM

The answer to that is easy ..... Elle by Neftis - a wonderful character, she deserves much more.

steerpike ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 6:51 AM

Dina V. The original idea of creatimg a realistic figure didn't catch on, and the texture mapping is over-complex. But it's a hi-res mesh and the figure poses well, and Handspan, for example, have shown what could be done for it.

vilian ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 6:53 AM · edited Tue, 01 November 2005 at 7:00 AM

House Mouse and both ScareBears ;)
Seriously I do not own any of those modern dollies or WW so I don't care. But a bit more support for toon characters would be nice. Unfortunately it's a really small market and it wouldn't bring much of income to the creator :(
Edited to add: by "support" I mean mainly conforming outfits. There's so many freebie textures for my preciousssss favourite HM and ScareBears that this is not an issue. Other creatures could have wider selections of skins than just the stuff that came with them, true. But real conforming outfits for toonies are the stuff needed.

Message edited on: 11/01/2005 07:00

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 7:04 AM

THE DAZ FREAK! He would be such a cool character to use. He does have quite a few things, but what he would really benifit from is new hands and feet that were just a little smaller to make him look, well, not quite so freakish. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 7:05 AM

file_301307.jpg

freak pic

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:17 AM

I wish Apollo Maximus had more free stuff available.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:30 AM

Matt and Luke

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

zulu9812 ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:39 AM

I wish James and Apollo Max had more skin tetures and character morphs

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:54 AM

UG!!! He's tired of being darn near naked all the time.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

seattletim ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 9:32 AM

James. Koji, Freak - more skin textures please. Koji is very similar to James. Arthur for James is an incomplete texture (he doesn't have the "equipment").

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 9:50 AM

More ApolloMax stuff. Anton is supporting ApolloMax but Anton is but one person and can't do it all.

buckzero ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 10:13 AM

Vittorio, seems to have fallen of the face of the earth.

$0

AlDemps ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 12:08 PM

Neftoon Pal - A wonderful figure that compliments most of the female toons and yet is hardly supported.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 12:51 PM

james, miki and jessi - texture support. i don't own koji. though he is appealing, i just couldn't justify $30 for a what's basically a face morph- i don't understand why miki has a completely unique and perfectly asian body while koji has a body almost identical to james'. that said, i think his face is great, and i would love to see him better supported. also i have wardrobe wizard, and am willing to buy clothes more based on the outfit itself than filling the wardrobe of a particular character.

gagnonrich ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 12:51 PM

All of them. I don't know about anybody else, but I use the figures that I have things for. The figures with the fewest things get used the least because there's not much flexibility in how they get used. My hopes for Wardrobe Wizard are being somewhat dashed by the program only so far supporting humanoid figures. Not many (if any) figure creators are paying the $100 to have one of their figures converted for the program. I can only guess that they don't think that the cost will be recoverable by additional sales.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 12:56 PM

Luke/Laura, MIki and Koji

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 1:17 PM

gagnonrich, I think you hit the nail on the head. No support for a figure, that figure gets used very little. Plus future purchase from a vender who provides no support, not very likely.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Nevermore ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 1:18 PM

She Freak.

tastiger ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 1:58 PM

Luke, Laura, Matt, Maddie,Ben,Kate

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

OrcaDesignStudios ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 2:05 PM

It's really hard to find decent fetish wear for the Sixus1 gryphon. I'd also like to see Apollo Maximus and Jessi get some increased support.

capsces ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 2:15 PM

The answers to this thread aren't what I expected. I assumed there would be replies in support of David and Stephanie Petite. Interesting to see the results though. :) My answer would be Girl. She had considerable support when first released, but it seems to have fallen off greatly. After her, would be Krystal. I know Littlefox supprts her, but it would be nice if others did too. :)

garblesnix ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 2:56 PM

Janeane Garafalo. Ooops, wrong Forum.

egaeus ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 3:11 PM

Laura.

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 4:30 PM

Apollo Max would be nice. Estherau, look for Snow Sultan's scaling tool in the free stuff; it addresses just that problem with the hands. :)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 4:32 PM

Apollo, Elle, and Dina

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 4:48 PM

will do!

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 5:00 PM

Apollo Max, Ben,Will,Luke, Mat,Don,James,Pre-school/Teen boy,David.Clothes and Textures... Uhh... Females get all the support and I have plenty of textures and clothes for them,... well maybe some clothes that an everyday mom or female would wear would be nice.

narcissus ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 5:04 PM

I would say Natalia and AnAn & Don... I know,I know no trendy no popular but nice figures with potential in my opinion... pitklad

Ailarchendil ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 5:48 PM

MDP's F202

Starkdog ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 6:12 PM

With all of the nudie pics in the galleries, I'd say that V3 is in desperate need of attention. That poor girl is constantly freezing her butt off in those cold, dank temples. PLEASE, for the love of DAZ, support V3!!!- Starkdog

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 6:20 PM

As always in threads of this title, I'll put in a vote for lynnJonathan's Misaki. A realistic, trouble-free and highly expressive model, but very little clothing for her....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:01 PM

Glamorous Jessi!!

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:17 PM

Hiro. He has very little in the way of normal clothing, and while he CAN wear David's, if I wanted a David built model, I'd just USE David. So. Hiro, definitely. He needs normal clothing, he needs more fantasy gear that isn't just the same basic thing rehashed...

Kreations By Khrys

slinger ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:17 PM

Nigel...who some of you STILL insist is called The Freak.
I really think he's the most versatile male character Daz have released, especially for headshots.

multi_nigel.jpg

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:35 PM · edited Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:39 PM

This is an easy one, KOJI! Koji is an excellent figure and he has ZERO support. He has the clothes and hair he came with, can wear, to some degree, James clothes and textures, and Wardrobe Wizard has added him.

There is no face room support.
There are no morph packages.
No textures.
No clothes.
No hairstyles.
No HeadForge.
Not even a freebie in sight!

It's not like people don't have Koji, because he has selling very well at CP, in the top 5 for a month.

The second figure that need more support is Matt. He has like what, three outfits? Even Maddie has more clothes than poor little Matt!

Third is Hiro. Fortunately, there have been good things made for him, clothes, morphs, textures, poses... but nothing close to the volumns of things made for Aiko3. The things most lacking for Hiro are Anime Hair styles, Anime styled clothes (rather than regular clothes and martial arts clothes), and Anime Characters with original morphs and textures.

bB

Message edited on: 11/01/2005 20:39

GabrielK ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:38 PM

Honestly I wish any of the male characters were better supported. The female figures have enough stuff out there now that a lot of it is starting to look "same old, same old" if you know what I mean. Hair especially is something I wish there was more of for the guys, modern styles both trendy and casual. Short hair moreso than long hair.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:49 PM

I have to agree with more support for the guys. especially in the clothing area and Hair -more so than additional character morphs. Also, would like to see more conforming clothing for all the characters. If you do mostly still images like I do, Dynamic cloth is a pain and takes up time when you have to redo an outfit everytime you use it.

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 8:56 PM

"Ordinary" male hairstyles are lacking. We have an abundance of long hairstyles for men but what about the good ol' short-back-and sides or something similar.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 10:18 PM

I agree. There's not a lot out there in the hair department, for the guys. Bast, I'll get to work on a freebie for Koji, just for you. :)

Kreations By Khrys

LadyElf ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 11:45 PM

Well, let's see....Apollo Max is definately getting support from RDNA merchants, but could use more :) I have to vote for David and StephPetite, I love them both, but they are woefully short of clothing. I think StephPetite is probably the most underutilized female figure...I really like her, LOTS of potential!!

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 12:12 AM

slinger ---- some mighty neat work on nigel, how did you manage to soften the face ? ..... also were you able to scale down his limbs etc. to a more normal size ?

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 12:35 AM

Wow you really get a taste for how diverse the current userbases are. People mentioned so many different figures. In the end you have to go right to the merchants. I have spoken to many people of the years and they all say the same thing. "They ask for it and then don't buy it". I heard this from so many people over the years. I think many merchants feel settled into just one or two figures to support because rather fast sales. Sadly, many forget it took years to grow those figure markets. If anyone remebers, it was almost a year before V3 has a serious waredrobe. In the end it is about $$$ for merchants who do Poser for a living. In choosing what figures they create for, if they make it and not enough people buy it, or many buy it, but it didn't make enough$$, they tend to give up. Just my take. I think people should try to get to know their merchants better and go directly to them and then buy whatever they requested. If the merchant feels supported, it is easy for them to support more diverse interests in turn. Fun thread!!

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 2:01 AM

Totally agree Anton. It's a case of supporting what you asked for kind of thing. I think we see a lot of requests for everyday clothing, but then when it's made, I've heard the sales are not quite what the merchant expected. So, they make something more sci/fi or fantasy and the sales are better. They are definately going to go with what sells best, especially if they are counting on that money to pay the bills. :)

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 2:58 AM

Poser is an interesting market to watch.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 3:07 AM

Interesting and sometimes very confusing.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 3:18 AM

It is an interesting point Anton, merchants need to create items that will sell, otherwise it's alot of effort for not alot of return. I am a sort of part time merchant and have been dissapointed with some sales figures. I don't really do it for a living, I get paid lots of money to develop applications for that, but it had funded alot of my poser purchases. My issue as a content creator is that I want to make content that people will want to use. There is little joy in creating things that people don't want to use. I'm gonna start a new thread now :) cos this has moved onto a new question. John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 4:05 AM

You ever go to a mall? In America, shopping malls have food courts. Know the ones I mean? Imagine walking through a food court. "Try some spicy chicken?" "Sample??? try some terayaki?" by the time you eat the samples, you aren't as hungry. The exotic food booths are less busy and BurgerKing has a long line. Poserdom feels like that sometimes. hehe

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 4:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.burgerking.co.uk/

lol. It actually suprised me that Burger King has a website. I supose it makes sense. Just caught me off guard.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.