Sat, Oct 5, 7:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Cloth doesn't calculate

poserpro ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 1:21 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:24 AM

Using Cloth engine in Poser 6 is a fun. But some times when i hit Calculate Simulation, it only calculates few frams, then stop doing. So the simulation ends up a failure. Anyone got this kind of prob too?

poserpro ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 1:35 PM · edited Tue, 01 November 2005 at 1:44 PM

this happens especially when u had a simulation done and deleted it, then did a new simulation again with other motion. and no matter which cloth i used, the poser cloth or the imported cloth. This is very irritating that the engine has sush a bug.

Message edited on: 11/01/2005 13:44

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 2:06 PM

May just be a memory issue. If a cloth sim doesn't run correctly, I just save the file, get out of Poser, and get back in again.

DominiqueB ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 3:02 PM

When doing cloth sims in Poser, I always restart the software, and if I have been working for a while I may even do a reboot before starting. Also I do not apply any textures beforehand to the character or the cloth no need to clog the memory for nothing, I apply all the mat files when the sim is finished. I have also found that Poser is very fussy about the mesh for cloth simulations,I don't know if anybody can confirm this for me but I think that having many material zones makes the sim take longer.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

diolma ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 3:09 PM

What randym77 said. Poser (and especially the Cloth room) fragments memory and so can't do it's stuff.. ALWAYS, before you start a simulation, SAVE! That way, all your settings will be preserved, so you don't have to go through the whole procedure again.. Another thing which can cause the cloth room to fail is if you have part of the cloth getting trapped between too-close areas of the figure. The armpits when the arms are close to the figure are a favourite for this.. And DON'T add any hair before the sim! Especially if the hair is a .hr2 file (ie, a prop) and the cloth intersects with it. When you add the figure in "collide against", the hair will get included ('cos it'll be in the heirarchy), and you then have to remember to delete it from the list.... There are many other reasons, but those are the major ones I usually stumbled against before I learned better..:-)) There really ought to be a "Tutorial/FAQ/HowTo" in the backroom or somewhere which gives a run-down on how to use the cloth-room efficiently.... Cheers, Diolma

poserpro ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 5:41 PM

reboot doesn't help at all. i give up ;(

DominiqueB ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 10:53 PM

Can you post a picture of the garment and your simulation settings?

Dominique Digital Cats Media

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 6:39 AM

maybe you have a cloth intersection ... sometimes Poser gives up then. When I have this I change the collision offset and collision Depth ... that mostly helps maybe this helps greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2005 at 7:48 PM

I've been having this problem too and it's really driving me nut's. The Cloth room was never my favourite place but I had been getting the hang of it in P5, but now in P6 it starts calcuating then hangs, doing nothing. My machine tells me that Poser is running but last time I tried, I waited for 20 mins before having to shut it down. A real pain it is. Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.