Mon, Oct 7, 11:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Problems with Poser

momoftwinboys23 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 9:39 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 11:26 AM

I got a free download of Poser 4 and I am trying to figure out how to use Poser before I go out and invest money on a $300 program I don't know how to use. The problem I am having is putting clothes on model everytime I go to put clothes on model it disappears. The same with hair. I don't know what to do. I am about to give up and delete it off my computer and forget it. Please help me. I love the Posers I would like to know how to create my own. I got to learn with the free one I downloaded before hubby gets me Poser 6.

momoftwinboys23 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 10:35 AM

i only have it for 30 days limited freebie then i have to buy

fetter ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 10:44 AM

Good on yer!

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 10:58 AM

Use the double-check mark to add clothing. (At the bottom of the libary palette.) Don't double-click. Double-click means "replace" in Poser.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 11:02 AM · edited Thu, 10 November 2005 at 11:07 AM

I was just about to say the same thing. Oh well I hope you enjoy Poser as much as I do.

Message edited on: 11/10/2005 11:07

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 11:02 AM

BTW...have you given DAZ|Studio a look-see? It's free at DAZ3d.com. Does much of what Poser 4 does, and it's free.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Poser 6 has, but you'll have more than 30 days to learn to use it. :)

diolma ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 4:13 PM

"The problem I am having is putting clothes on model everytime I go to put clothes on model it disappears. The same with hair." The above answers (hit the double-check mark at the bottom) are correct but only half the story. After you've added the clothing, ensure it's selected then go to the menu "figure->conform to". In the following dialogue, select the figure that you want the clothing on. Then the clothing should pose as you move the underlying figure... Be warned: the clothing MUST be made for the figure it's conformed to, else it won't work properly. RE: the hair, that (probably) doesn't need to be conformed. It depends on whether it's "conforming hair" (found in the "figures" library) or "prop hair" (found in the "hair" library). If the hair is from the figures library, then use the same process as for the clothing. If it's from the hair library, then ensure that you have the figure you want to apply the hair to selected, then select the hair in the library and hit the check-button... Hope that helps..:-) And welcome to the wonderful, wierd, whacky world of (Phrustrating) Poser:-)) .. not to mention, totally addictive... Cheers, Diolma

momoftwinboys23 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 5:02 PM

I gave up I ended up deleting it. I guess it is missing stuff and it won't work right being it is a freebie on a 30 day trial. i downloaded daz studio from daz3d.com i am seeing if i can get that to work

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.