Fri, Sep 20, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Mac and SR2

matsmolund ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 3:27 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

Hi, has anyone tested Sr2 on a mac yet? Plus and minus? Best, Mats

dbutenhof ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 3:50 PM

The popup menus now work. My render hasn't crashed yet, but hasn't had time to finish, either. I never had the "dialogs stuck behind" problem, but it seems now that may have been a symptom of an incompatible DivX plugin in the first place. Basically, the obvious problems I'd had before are gone. The fact that my render (on which I'd given up after numerous attempts) is a good sign but not yet conclusive. So at worst, it's substantially improved over SR1.

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 4:26 PM

Is there a way to deactivate the Divx plug-in on Mac?

BrainGuy63 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 4:41 PM

Aside from running the SR2 plugin- which should get Poser to ignore DivX, according to e-frontier people I've talked to- you can open the root-level Library folder, open the QuickTime folder that's in there, and move the DivX 5.component file from the QuickTime folder to anywhere else. That fixed it for me, and it's consistent with ef's FAQs. -- BG63

uli_k ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 4:56 PM

BrainGuy63, you're right about the procedure of deactivating DivX 5. Now that SR2 is released, that shouldn't be needed any more though. While DivX 5.2 is still not officially supported on Tiger (which means you're on your own, it might or might not work), all the problems it caused in Poser 6 should be fixed now. Poser will not ignore DivX after installing SR2. You can take a chance and try to use it. Hope this helps, Uli

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 5:01 PM

where can i get SR2?

uli_k ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 5:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.e-frontier.com/go/poser6sr2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You can get SR2 here...

ariannah ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 11:16 AM

bookmark ;)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.