Thu, Sep 19, 4:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: ot microsoft is giving away software.

ysvry ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2005 at 10:13 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:31 PM

Attached Link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/install/

vb ,c en c++ and jafa tools have a look if youre a coder.

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

pumecobann ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 5:58 AM

Thank's for the link ysvry, I'll check it out tonight.

There's probably some catch though, like limited trial period, or no commercial use :-/
I hope not though.

Len.

The wait can be horrific, but the outcome can be worse - pumeco 2006

ysvry ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 6:33 AM

i didnt find any catch. downloaded all iso's lost one night sleep though lol.

MarkHirst ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 9:57 AM

There are no limitations in terms of use or commercial development as this FAQ explains, specifically question 4: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/ Of course being free means they took out a bunch of stuff that professional developers would want...

www.CambrianMoons.com

TobinLam ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 12:33 PM

I still prefer CodeWarrior for my C++.

ysvry ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 8:09 PM

like what? mark? i tried there free graphics program expresion and its the absolute full product.

foleypro ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2005 at 11:44 PM

I cant get the C++ to download..Comcast is kicking me off every 10 minutes.

MarkHirst ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 4:06 AM

There's a full break down on the Visual Studio site. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/compare/ Feature cuts include code coverage, source control, remote debugging, mobile application development, unit testing, server administration, or support for MS Office. Bizarrely, even the "Professional" edition doesn't come with source control or unit testing either, giving a whole new definition of the term, professional software development.

www.CambrianMoons.com

DragonCB ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 6:27 AM · edited Sun, 13 November 2005 at 6:37 AM

To add to MarkHirst's post:

Visual C++ 2005 Express only comes with the .NET 2.0 framework. The MFC libraries* are not available. To build native 32-bit Win32 programs you also need to download the Win32 Platform SDK.

• The MFC libraries are only available in the professional version and above.

-Chris

Message edited on: 11/13/2005 06:35

Message edited on: 11/13/2005 06:37

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 10:43 PM

lol and I paid 800+ bux for vb several years ago! BT

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 6:04 PM

Are these better than the VB 5 & 6 Professional that I already own? Or the Visual C++ that I have?

MarkHirst ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 3:57 AM

The technology has changed dramatically between VB5/6 and Visual Studio .NET. C++ has changed too but still recognisable. Unfortunately it would take far longer than a post to talk about how they've changed. You'd be best advised to go to www.gotdotnet.com or msdn.microsoft.com to find whitepapers and articles about what has changed.

www.CambrianMoons.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.