Tue, Oct 22, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: November Challenge entry #2

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 2:45 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:30 PM

file_304243.jpg

Mooooorning!!! I went out this morning, trying to capture some silhouettes....dull morning it was, so no good shots...sigh. This will have to do since im currently suffering from "uploaders withdrawal", LOL. Hope you all get to have a wonderful sunday!!! #:o)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 2:45 AM

file_304244.jpg

Och stummen.....

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Onslow ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:15 AM

A fine silhoutte and superb sky :)

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:22 AM

Oooops...we crossed Richard. Aaaw...Thank you. #:o)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:36 AM · edited Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:38 AM

Andreas, I still prefer the first one! It fits the challenge (IMO) more! Compo is more pleasing and it seems to me, that you took your time with this one.

The 2nd one does not appear to be a "true" silhouette and that "blown out" moon, to tell ya the truth, IS just downright distracting to my eye! Also the 2nd image seems a bit blurry to me! The compo here does not work for me at all! It lacks your usual "quality"!

just my 2.5 cents!

Message edited on: 11/13/2005 09:38

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:45 AM

You are absolutely right Joe, and thats why i decided to delete that one. #:o) Any pointers on how to capture a moon without getting it to "blow out" like that?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Damia ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:50 AM

Nice entry Andreas. Beautiful sky and great silhouettes. :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 10:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.danheller.com/moon.html

Checkout this link for some info:

soulofharmony ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 11:01 AM

andreas you naughty little viking... its the cats whiskers.. and the hamsters pouches...and the pigs trotters... excellent entry.. andreas..:))))...

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 11:31 AM

I like em both....Added to Challenge page
got_it.jpg

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 12:00 PM

file_304246.jpg

As requested Joe...here it is...the yukkie one that we can all learn from, LOL. ![tongue.gif](http://market.renderosity.com/~carrara/emoticons/tongue.gif) Thanks for the link. Im gonna check it out right now. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 12:04 PM

Unfortunaty did that tutorial only cover how to shoot it with film....it cant be applied to a digital camera. Thanks anyway, im sure someone will find use for it. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 1:49 PM

Beautiful entry Andreas.The sky looks wonderful in those lovely pastel tones. I don't think your moon shot is yukkie at all.I love the way the tree looks and the dark blue sky looks wonderful against that grayish tree trunk.I also like the way the clouds look.They add greatly to the compo. Sigh.I have a silhouette with a full moon,too,and it's just as blown-out.I was playing with it for hours yesterday to no avail.That's why I haven't submitted it.If you find out anything I'd sure like to know. Hope you're having a lovely evening. :^)

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

ModestyB ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 2:02 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOVLEY!!!!! My little pussgurka...eh.. gurksallad!! Kan man ha mga challenges me? Jag sdjla usel patt la....dyslectic light U know..:! I like that moody moon & betula shot...hm...I like the other one 2..hm...acctually I like them both!!!!! :)

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 2:35 PM

LOL! No Ms Mutter, you can only submit two photos for the challenge. This moonshot was a failed attempt i suppose. #:O)

Andreas

Mystic Pic

gradient ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 2:55 PM

Sweet entry#2 shot...love it! If that's what the sky looks like in the mornings...I'll have to try to get up a bit earlier...LOL!!!

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 3:03 PM

Better yet...go to bed later, lol. #:oP That way you cover both the sunsets and the sunrises....not that we have any anymore...sniff..sniff...i hate this season.

Andreas

Mystic Pic

marybelgium ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 9:55 AM

Beautiful entry ! like it very much !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.