Mon, Sep 9, 7:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: P6 SR2 bugs on OS X

rjbourc ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 10:39 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 9:23 PM

For now, SR2 has broken more than it has fixed for me. I'm running on a 17" PowerBook with OS X 10.3.9.

1. When switching between applications, the main Poser window and the Parameter Dials window go away - only their title bars remain. So far, the only thing I've found which brings back the Parameter Dials window is repeated switching between applications using the dock. This appears to happen every time P6 is sent to the back or hidden.

2. On two occasions in the last two days, the tools window has lost the drop down menu for my runtime. In its place is a menu which says something such as "rebuild menu" and "add category". The rebuild selection does not seem to work. The only thing which seems to bring the menu back is to switch runtimes and then return to my main runtime. This is really aggravating because my main runtime is quite large and takes some time to load.

Anyone else seeing this nonsense?

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 10:58 AM · edited Sun, 13 November 2005 at 10:59 AM

Quoting the SR2 readme: 1) "There is an incompatiblity with Unsanity's Window Shade X. Some fixes in SR2 that solve window layering problems under Mac OS X Tiger can cause an undesired Window Shade effect on Poser palettes. Please add Poser to Window Shade X' list of excluded applications if you encounter this problem."

1. "Added 90 second timeout on menu building to avoid excessive launch time when extremely large runtime folder is active. Select menu item "Build Folder Menu..." to force building menu structure."

Message edited on: 11/13/2005 10:59

rjbourc ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 11:51 AM

Doh! Thanks, stewer. Totally forgot I had any windowing utilities installed that could be conflicting. Issue 1 is now gone. I won't know about the "Build Folder Menu" issue until it happens again. Selecting that option did nothing at all for me - no dialog box, no folder menu, nothing. Perhaps because of the Window Shade X issue...

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 1:09 PM

ISTR Unsanity is notorious for supplying apps with either "haxies" or "APEs", either of which can wreak havoc with other apps or even the OS. Whether thay also supply apps that require kernel extensions like those installed by the Sony malware, I don't know.

lmacken ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:48 PM

"Unsanity" -- heh

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.