Thu, Sep 19, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Dystopian

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 8:12 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

file_304268.jpg

Coming soon... *In the last half of the 24th century the star vessel "Antares" departed from Dystopia. Over 40,000 passengers were onboard hoping to colonize a new system and make a new home for mankind. Three months after they departed all communications with the ship ceased.

Thirty-three years later, the most powerful communications tower was erected in hopes of re-establishing contact with the "Antares". Part of the looped recorded message was the ancient starship prayer...**
Guide the hands that built her
Watch over those who pilot her
And keep safe those who fly with her;

Fortify her at the launch,
Keep her course straight and true;
Protect her from all dangers of space
Shield her from the flames of re-entry
And bring her home to those that wait for her.*

The Dystopian Communications Tower is the new free bonus mesh for the upcoming city block package. Designed for you to communicate over vast distances. Soon to be released.

Cheers! M

Message edited on: 11/13/2005 08:13

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

ClintH ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 8:30 AM

Very cool Moe! Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:01 AM

Thank you very much, Clint. :o) I sometimes have an entire movie playing in my mind as I create these models. This particular idea for a bonus mesh came from a suggestion of Ajax, and the style of some elements was done at the request of shogakusha. I'll be sending the LWO version into testing soon and hopefully the Poser version will follow shortly after. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Fredy ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:24 AM

Impressive! I like the short-short-story you wrote!

SGT2005 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:33 AM

Wow how impressive is this .........Awsome stuff Moe . YOu know now I know why renderosity kept around for so long . Top Honors bud ... :)

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

University of Pheonix Alumni 2008
AA Criminal Justice Degree
BA Criminal Justice Degree

Currently study in Parapsychology

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:45 AM ยท edited Sun, 13 November 2005 at 9:48 AM

file_304269.jpg

Another view of the **Dystopian Communications Tower** seen alongside a few of the city blocks included in the upcoming package.

Thank you all very much for your kind comments. :o)

Cheers! M
Message edited on: 11/13/2005 09:48

Mind Over Matter

AlarmedBread ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 10:13 AM

amazing stuff as usual, i need one next to my house, what kind of net connection can you get on this thing?

djgoldfinger ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 10:36 AM

wasn't Antares lost near the foo man chew nebula? nice design and modeling job my freind

OrcaDesignStudios ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 10:40 AM

Very nice! That wedge-shaped building reminds me of something out of Appleseed.

semidieu ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 12:07 PM

Looks cool !

shogakusha ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 12:43 PM

Beatiful stuff Moe! OrcaDesign: That was exactly what I had mentioned to Moe when I made suggestions for a new bonus mesh }-) Seems he liked the idea! I think it looks awesome! Shogakusha

onimusha ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 1:45 PM

Wow...

SGT2005 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2005 at 4:32 PM

Wow how impressive is this .........Awsome stuff Moe . YOu know now I know why renderosity kept around for so long . Top Honors As well .. I dont know about everyone else But Moe you have really been the strongest In your art work. Even though we go way back, I can tell you've come along way. And It definatly shows here :)

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

University of Pheonix Alumni 2008
AA Criminal Justice Degree
BA Criminal Justice Degree

Currently study in Parapsychology

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 1:01 AM

Amazing models every one of them Moe :) Have you thought about fleshing out more of the stories that seem to be coming out of your models? I'd really like to know if any messages are received back from the Antares.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

jarm ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 1:59 AM

Now that is tasty, reminds me of Appleseed's energy generator thingys from the recent CGI adaption. Nicely done sir.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 7:03 AM

Thank you all for the comments, feedback, encouragement and support. :o)AlarmedBread I hear that it's about 512HB's (*hummunggobytes) in speed, but that really depends on how many quadrillions of users are online. :oP djgoldfinger Reports are sketchy, but it was last seen approaching Sum Yang Gal in the dark part of the galaxy. :oP OrcaDesignStudios Well spotted... I am inspired and humbled by my references. :o) semidieu Thank you. :o) shogakusha The suggestion was indeed liked very well. :o) I knew that I couldn't leave it as is, so I made a few minor additions here and there. Do you think that it's still too blatant in its similarities? If it is let me know... there's still a bit of time to make alterations before submitting it for testing. onimusha Thank you, we try to please. :o) SGT2005 Yes, sir... you and I, we do go waaaay back. LOL! I'm still learning and still very much a happy part of this community. I take great pride and pleasure in counting you as one of my friends here on Renderosity. :o) Lucifer_The_Dark Very tempting... I have made a few writing forays over in the Writers' Forum, but my passion is still modeling stuff. If you do a search for "Antares" in Freestuff you may well be able to help determine the fate of this long lost star vessel. :o) jarm :o) I'm hoping that this piece might inspire you to write another narrative, or perhaps even a short story. Thank you for dropping by, my friend. :o)

Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

shogakusha ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 9:52 AM

Moe, I think it is clearly inspired by Masamune Shirow, however, I do not think it is in any way a direct copy. Is it possible to get a shot from the back? I can see there is additional detail there and not simply a smooth curve. I am curious to see what you put back there }-) Thanks! Shogakusha

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 4:00 PM ยท edited Mon, 14 November 2005 at 4:00 PM

Very cool design Moe! Love the reflective surface behind the tower. Especially in the overhead shot, where you can see it in action. Hmm, is the narrative a hint that we'll be going back to the Antares someday... ;-)

Message edited on: 11/14/2005 16:00

Philywebrider ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 5:54 AM

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 6:57 AM

"I like the short-short-story you wrote" Yeah, after a few bottles of "Leaping Deer" and the infamous Singhi (sp?) beer, Moe has been known to make his way into the Writers forum and drop off some pretty interesting reads.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 9:07 AM

file_304270.jpg

*"Singha Beer"* I don't touch the stuff... LOL! Once in a while, when there's a tale that needs sharing, I poke my nose in there. :o) Here's a shot from the back of the **Dystopian Communication Tower** as requested. Shown are a few more of the city blocks included in the upcoming package. I've already sent this package for conversion to Poser, and as soon as I can sneak in some time for product promotional images, I'll be submitting it to the Renderosity Marketplace. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Ajax ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 6:39 AM

That reall does look very cool, Moe. I've often wondered what happened to the Antares. Maybe now we'll find out. So if you won't touch Singha beer, what's your alcohol of choice?

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 6:53 AM

(grinning)... Someone once told me Singha beer had formaldehide (sp?) in it. After that, there's always the Boone's Farm equivalent of whiskey to be had (called Leaping Deer) but that was many years ago and way up in northern Thailand.

stonemason ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2005 at 7:34 PM

ohh I'd love to blow that up :) fantastic work as usual Moe & that top render is very nice

Cg Society Portfolio

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.