Tue, Oct 22, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Is Poser for benniers?

idris ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 11:27 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:55 AM

I've never animated anything before.
I need to animate a figure walking, running, falling, driving an invisible car, maybe swimming ... and possibly a cow falling from the sky.
It doesn't need to be spectacular - it could be as simple as a stick figure. I just need some pictures to show off my sound design skills.

I'm happy using graphics tools like Photoshop and am well versed in the concepts of video editing.

Is Poser something I could get basic results form in a couple of days?

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 11:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/program/studio/1_0index.php

yup.

All that (the figures & motion files for walking, running, etc) comes with the app as stock files. If not looking for anything stunning, you can get those default animations done with just a few clicks.

If you simply need to do it once, you may want to try the free version of DAZ STUDIO available at the link above

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 11:46 AM

but be aware... heh-heh-heh...see the thread below: "You know you're addicted to Poser when...".

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 11:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.es3d.com./index2.html

There are some motion files at this link too. All kinds of them. Ready made ones, free ones, and they will even do custom ones.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Jimdoria ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 11:59 AM

Note that to get freaky, outlandish actions like walking, driving or swimming, you may need to buy an additional product. However normal, everyday actions like a cow falling from the sky are always free with the base package. :-D

And why you would want the sound of a cow falling from the sky in your sound design portfolio is something I don't know and don't WANT to know.

If you are on a tight deadline, and you actually have a budget, you might want to check out stock footage houses as well. You can buy live-action footage of real people doing most of those things. Also, don't discount the Prelinger Archive - a vast, online library of free, public-domain video footage. You can probably find examples of what you need there, and they are available for download in editable formats. No new skills needed ;-)

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 12:32 PM

And what sound does a falling cow make? Geronimoooooooooo...............

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 1:08 PM

And what sound does a falling cow make? "Oh, no, not again..."

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 1:20 PM

Quote - And what sound does a falling cow make?

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... SPLAT" Or "MO MOOO! MO MOOO! ... MOOOOO MOOOOO?" Which simply translated means" "MY MILK! MY MILK! ... BUTTER ANYONE?"

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

fetter ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 5:24 PM

If a cow falls in the pasture and no one hears it, did it make any sound? ...and what is the sound of one cow falling, Grasshopper?

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 5:36 PM

SSSSSSSSpppaaattttaaaahhhhhh! Sorry couldn't resist. 8^P Marque

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 5:56 PM

"If a cow falls in the pasture and no one hears it, did it make any sound?" You'd have to ask the cow. ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 9:46 PM

basic..yup..real basic..;) I've been using Poser for years, and it still looks like a beginner..;) but, hey, if you just want to @#$ around, there's Daz Studio, free..and when you're ready for the big dogs, come play with Poser..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

nomuse ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 3:06 AM

Heh. Welcome to the club. My first animation, I did mostly so I'd have something to write and synch music to. Since then I've done lots of 3d, and very little music....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.