Sat, Oct 5, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: A few P6 questions...

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:04 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:23 AM
  1. Is there a way to view through a shadow cam? If so, how?

2. SR2 seems awful slow updating the screen when I select different figures/body parts. Sometimes clicking on a body part doesn't work at all. Will a faster/newer video card help this?

3. Is anyone else having trouble with DAZ Dial Cleaner deleting all a figure's body morphs? Is there a way around it?

4. Trivia question: Quick, without looking...what is the very last body part for a human character in the drop-down list (not counting Jessie, James or Apollo Max)?

Thanks in advance.

Message edited on: 11/17/2005 16:12

diolma ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:39 PM · edited Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:45 PM

file_304802.jpg

"1. Is there a way to view through a shadow cam? If so, how?"

Well, I can answer that one (see above..) (You have to click on the "Camera Controls" to get the drop-down menu, then select the "Shadow Lite" (or "Shadow Cam") that you want. Be warned: - if you change your lights, the shadow cam names may not match the lights names... Also, (as you can see) the last cam you selected can also remain checked (in this case "main")... But it usually works....

Cheers,
Diolma

Message edited on: 11/17/2005 16:45

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 4:51 PM

2. SR2 seems awful slow updating the screen when I select different figures/body parts. Sometimes clicking on a body part doesn't work at all. Will a faster/newer video card help this?

Maybe. Simply updating your current card's drivers (if they aren't the latest) might help, also. I haven't experienced any slowdowns like that, myself.

Have you tried switching to the SreeD software-only display instead of using OpenGL?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:46 PM

For me it looks like Poser 6 got a speed up with the SR2

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 3:50 PM · edited Fri, 18 November 2005 at 3:52 PM

Thanks, Diolma, it works!

LD: I do have the "latest" drivers, but my card is so old the latest drivers are too. Your tip worked, though. It does seem a tad faster now. Thanks!

Jules: I'm happy for you :)
No one knows the answer to number four?

Message edited on: 11/18/2005 15:52

Message edited on: 11/18/2005 15:52

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 4:07 PM

@Jackson, Re: 4 - it totally depends on the character you've loaded:-)) I could do couple of screen shots, but one of them might offend the TOS, so I won't... Cheers, Diolma

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 6:30 PM

No one knows the answer to number four? I rarely use the human figures, but I'd guess it's one of the toe groups. On Furrette and Furraldo, it's the left whisker.

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 7:48 PM

You'd be right, LD: it's the left toe. diolma: For all the human characters I know of--besides the P6 characters--it's the left toe. I wasn't sure about Apollo Max so I excluded him also.

diolma ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 2:43 PM

Errm, Jackson, your exclusion should also apply to P5's Judy..:-)) (And probably to Don, but I don't use him all that often, so I'm not sure.) Cheers, Diolma

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.