Tue, Oct 22, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Looking for V3 & M3 characters aged 50+

jhustead ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 4:59 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:22 PM

I'm doing a surprise art project for my grandparents so I'm looking for characters aged 50+, also with textures that have wrinkles. Looking for gray hair for these characters too. Help me out if you can. Have a nice weekend. Thanks -James

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 5:15 PM · edited Sat, 19 November 2005 at 5:16 PM

That's easy. Take a look at characters by KymJ in the marketplace. Her characters are great. BluEcho has just released one for V3, too. It's in my cart.

Message edited on: 11/19/2005 17:16

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 5:22 PM

Definitly KymJ! Wonderful character addons. Hair is another thing, LOL I've been looking for granny and grandpa hair for months. There just isn't any to be had for the older figures. Everything around is too trendy, too "much" (as in hair), or too "styled". I wish someone would make some real old person hair... white, thinning and plain. hehe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 5:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1085342&Start=1&Artist=thefixer&ByArtist=Yes

Bessie Beulah for V3 by Bluecho as Xenophonz said. This is an image I did with her! thefixer, poser coord.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Blowfish64 ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 6:17 PM

Anybody know of any good older figures that aren't fat? Since when are all 50+ women overweight?

jehllm ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 6:44 PM

go to ZS3D.com - they have a number of excellent textures, including the GrandMa texture for V2 and V3 - very good.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 7:11 PM

Anybody know of any good older figures that aren't fat? Since when are all 50+ women overweight?

You can probably morph any of the 50+ V3 characters listed above so as to make them fit whatever body type that you wish.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 7:14 PM

BTW - 50+ characters like these have only recently been appearing on the market in any numbers. For which fact I am glad -- it's been a huge gap in Poser characters for a long time.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 7:21 PM

You can just apply the texture to the figure and leave the body unmorphed.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 9:09 PM

Look in freestuff for "Ugly for V3 by BluEcho". She is skinny and if you apply Bessie Beulah's or KymJ!'s texture, you'll have an older, skinny character. BluE

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

rockets ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 4:10 AM

I think KymJ has corrected the lack of textures for older people and now I just wish the hair creators would do the same with the hair...both male and female.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

jhustead ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 9:51 AM

Thank you all for your input & help! Have a nice weekend. -James

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 1:27 PM

Well at least I have a combover hair for M2 and M3 (2 different hairdos) in my store here, but I agree, there's not enough "granny hair" - I've been using the Alicia Hair from RDNA, but it's not REALLY the right style...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Porthos ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 2:05 PM

You can use Kozaburo's Updo hair and greyscale the texture in any paint program to create older type hair! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Porthos ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 2:39 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2562

file_305827.jpg

This is the updo greyscaled! The Texture is Dal's Old Girls over at DAZ.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

rockets ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 2:42 PM

The hair is fine occasionally, but it looks kinda silly on Mike! LOL

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 7:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=2478757

If you want some OLDER than 50 characters, I've just started working on one... There's a pic in the Product Showcase, link above :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

jhustead ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 3:20 PM

Thank you again. Porthos: Thanks for the example picture. -James

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.