Sat, Sep 21, 9:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Is there anyway to texture the "ground" ? TIA

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 5:48 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:33 PM

All I see is a place to change the color. Hopefully this ? isn't too lame..... I'm already embarrassed asking stupid ?'s Thanks :)

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 6:18 PM ยท edited Sun, 20 November 2005 at 6:21 PM

file_305996.jpg

You can put in a texture map instead of a color in the same location if you want to...

Unless the ground you are talking about is the color shown in Sky and Realistic Sky; then the answer would be no.

Otherwise, simply insert an infinite plane, raise it slightly above z=0 and texture it instead.

Message edited on: 11/20/2005 18:21

dbigers ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 6:23 PM

Hi Mark, I believe he is referring to the ground plane from the sky simulation. Best option is to turn it off and just use an infinite plane, that way you can texture it. But usually when I want the ground to show it is because I am doing an outdoor scene, in which case, a terrain would be better. Either way, just turn off the ground. Donnie

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 6:59 PM

Thanks for the quick reply :) dbigers is correct, I was asking about the ground with the sky..... Well, I didn't spend hours spinning my wheels on this one ;) Although during the spinning, I've learned alot :) Thanks again :)

krimpr ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 7:02 PM

dlk30341 is a she... Deb actaully. I have no answer, but would like to know what heck does "TIA" mean? And howabout "IRC", and "IIRC"? Geez I feel stupid sometimes. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....

krimpr ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 7:03 PM

OOps, three minutes bteb. (behind the eight ball.)

dbigers ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 7:13 PM

Ok, I see Mark mentioned the ground plane. Please forgive me Deb for referring to you as a "he". TIA means "Thanks in advance". IIRC means "If I recall correctly or "remember" instead of recall.

krimpr ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 7:36 PM

Thanks. It's nice to put an end to those year old mysteries. I would have never puzzled those ones out. :)

bwtr ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 9:32 PM

With an international audience participating in these types of forum, I would suggest that the use of this "cell Phone" type shorthand is bordering on bad manners! We are not all from the same country, even if English is our native tongue--and we are all not young--having to ask our grandchildren for explanations is not pleasant. AND, I am surprised at some of the people who do use this cryptic spam!! Would everyone note that AT LAST someone is speaking out --can you imagine how it is for those for whom English is a second language. DAD HAS SPOKEN!

bwtr

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 11:04 PM

I'll be sure & type it out next time :) No need to get in a snit :) I've used the TIA for close to 3 years here. Guess I'll waddle off to my corner now & ask for my sins to be forgiven LOL My manners will be improved from this point on :) Have a good evening.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 3:15 AM
Online Now!

IMHO, ZOMGWTFLOLBBQFPS!!!!1111!11!eleven u r not red e 4 teh intarnet. Be thankful that the majority of Renderosity is quite literate. Seriously, aside from the occasional post by a beginner english speaker, the posts here generally are much to be admired compared to a lot of other forums across the web.

krimpr ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 5:35 AM

I didn't mean to imply that the acronyms are rude; I'm not much of a webber and can usually figure these things out, but it bugs me when I can't. Sorry for derailing dlk's thread.

krimpr ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 6:44 AM

What does TTYL mean? Joking.. well, not entirely.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 8:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/?lookup=I

This link show all the interent speak :) I use it freqently.

krimpr ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 9:10 AM

Thanks. Now I won't look like a boob. as often

whkguamusa ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 4:55 PM

"Thanks. Now I won't look like a boob. as often " Not to worry, Renderosity is known and celebrated across the known net for it's boob content and display. mdc

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 5:56 PM

ROLFMAO!!!!!!!

krimpr ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 6:17 PM

I hate to correct you dlk but there is no such acronym. I just checked. But I get the idea.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 6:20 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 November 2005 at 6:21 PM

Sorry!

Rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off :) I even mispelled that, it should be ROFLMAO. Gawd I hate typing...hehehehe

Message edited on: 11/21/2005 18:21

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2005 at 11:34 PM

I doubt anyone actually rolls on their floor.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 22 November 2005 at 2:29 AM
Online Now!

" I doubt anyone actually rolls on their floor." True, but SIMCLMAO doesn't have the same ring ;p

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.