Sun, Oct 6, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: MilTeen Question

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 11:27 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:25 AM

Can Luke and Laura use the M3 and V3 injections and textures? I'm having one of my "days" and can't remember diddly so I thought I'd ask.

blonderella ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 12:14 PM

bookmark I'd like to know myself... also, is there a list or something somewhere listing which models can use which textures and morphs...it would be awesome to have such a list so I could reference it and see for example if the Mil Girl can use V2 textures & morphs, or The Freak can use M3 textures & morphs...thanks in advance for anyone willing to point me in the right direction! sorry if I hijacked your thread cedarwolf... ;P Karen

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

pdog ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 12:51 PM

I believe textures are the only reasonably reliable cross compatible element...and those seem to go roughly by "generations" (and sometimes figure gender): MillKids (PT Girl, etc.) take V2 texs, All the Gen3 (or Unimesh) figures take the same texs. Morph and poses may work, but not as exactly intended or envisioned because of various figure mesh and joint parameters...that's why the common qualifier of "with some tweaks". I guess it's that UVmap vs. mesh topology thing?! Yes, it would be great to have one of those compatibility charts that groups various figures by cross-functionality. I think you'd have to have experimented with every version of every figure to know how reliably character elements transfer. I guess such a graph would have various sections (Morphs, Poses, Textures)...interesting organizational challenge. Who's an Excel or PowerPoint wiz?

blonderella ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 1:05 PM

I am pretty handy with Excel...I've never used Powerpoint tho to create anything...

pdog ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 1:24 PM

Yeah, if one of those intersecting Horizontal/Vertical graphs would capture the data best...theoretically, you could post it in a thread like this and solicit comments for additions or changes...updating as necessary. But, is that the kind of diagram that would work best...maybe one of those circle-type things (a Bendiagram?) would be better. I don't know. I'm thinking you'd have to maybe create a compatibility graph for each character :(

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 4:33 PM

Not bendiagram it is venn diagram.

blonderella ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 4:54 PM

venn do you want the diagram? hehe ;P (sorry, excuse my retarded sense of humor)

pdog ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 10:11 AM

Ha...what did I write? Okay, "venn diagram"...but you know what I mean...lots of ways to organize/visualize relationships or info. Hmmm, other reasons that such a master compatibility chart hasn't emerged are likely: 1) the various workarounds available (V3 UV Mayadoll, those V3head/V2body hybrid figures, P4V2, etc.) which sort of obviate or further confuse the matter, and 2) such a list might quickly become outdated. You'd think DAZ would maintain one for their products...maybe in their FAQs section.

pdog ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 10:16 AM

Follow-up comment + questions: I have the original Millenium Kids (PT and PS), not Luke/Laura. Are Luke/Laura considered part of the "unimesh" figure family? If so, shouldn't they take V3, M3, SP3, D3 and A3 textures?

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 10:55 AM

file_307752.jpg

You'd probably want to include the various hybrids. Off the top of my head, I think you'ld need a sheet/graph for each attributr (morphs, textures etc.) unless you went to some sort of complicated 3D presentation. (Sample not checked for accuracy). I'd use a database rather than a spreadsheet and perhaps a little application with a tabbed interface. Tab 1: Choose a figure and get information like creator, where to purchase, family (e.g. unimesh) or base figure, comments etc. Tab 2 - Tab N: One tab for Textures, Morphs etc. Each tab has a list of figures and a notes field. Select a figure on tab 1 and the other tabs are populated with a list of the compatible figures. Someone maintains a master list (probably XML format) so users can download the newest version. The best part, it should work on PC and Mac and since I only develop for Windows, someone else can do it :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

kobanion ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2005 at 10:23 AM

I found the Milennium Kids - Young Teens (that would be Luke and Laura -- and am I the only one getting thirty-year-old General Hospital flashes here?) texture maps on the DAZ site (http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2747&cat=9 - scroll to the bottom of the page).

kobanion ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2005 at 10:23 AM

I found the Milennium Kids - Young Teens (that would be Luke and Laura -- and am I the only one getting thirty-year-old General Hospital flashes here?) texture maps on the DAZ site (http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2747&cat=9 - scroll to the bottom of the page).

kobanion ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2005 at 10:24 AM

cedarwolf ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2005 at 11:19 AM

Hmm..didn't Luke come back to GH and Laura get abducted by aliens...AGAIN?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.